DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 441 of 560 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491541 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 5597
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: **CM7 Build Thread**

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxmel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 0vermind View Post
    Ugh.. guys I'm getting such horrible battery life, and I can't figure out why. I've wiped over and over and over again, tried every kernel. Damn I must be cursed I only get about 5 hours of standby. I have barely any apps installed and nothing is showing as using battery except "Android OS" which shows to be using "1h 15m 10s" CPU.
    Maybe you need a new battery?
    I would also say get a new battery, but not until figuring out why nothing aside from the OS is being recorded in the battery usage. You don't even get a slot for screen usage?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Anyone noticing that certain settings get reset alot? Every couple times I open up Google Maps, I have to tell it not to use Wifi, and to remember that choice. Seems that my ringtone notification for SMS gets reset to default from time to time. Just things seem kinda random. It happens days after I've flashed, not just immediately after, and it's been happening for what feels like months, I've just been dealing with it.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Don't buy a new battery yet... Sometimes I'll have a problem with one nightly, then not with the next... I had almost what you're experiencing about a week ago; no longer.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Ugh.. guys I'm getting such horrible battery life, and I can't figure out why. I've wiped over and over and over again, tried every kernel. Damn I must be cursed I only get about 5 hours of standby. I have barely any apps installed and nothing is showing as using battery except "Android OS" which shows to be using "1h 15m 10s" CPU.
    This is a brand new battery. Got it last week. So now I have two batteries, so I know that's not it. I actually just ordered a third battery just in case I never get this battery drain issue solved. Looks like I'll be carrying batteries in my pocket or something.. *sigh*

These battery drain issues have only been a problem for me since the libcore changes in Cyanogen... back in builds I think... 40? I was doing great! So before the CM7 Final I believe.
    Mike Lierman. Entrepreneur. Founder and CEO of Invise Solutions.
    Sync your files online, and across computers and phones, with Dropbox. 2GB account is free!

I'm selling the domain investgy.com. Registered until 2016. Go to the website to make an offer. :P
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Diab210 View Post
    I would also say get a new battery, but not until figuring out why nothing aside from the OS is being recorded in the battery usage. You don't even get a slot for screen usage?
    Oh sorry, I worded that wrong. Okay so in order:
    Android OS - 69%
    Display 27%
    Cell standby 10%
    Android System 2%
    Google Services 2%

That's all that is listed. Nothing else. What I meant was, those are all OS things. Doesn't show any apps as using any battery. I went into spare parts and checked partial awake usage, and nothing really strikes as out of the ordinary. I see Android System at the top with 2 minutes wakelock. And dialer with 1s wakelock. That's it.

I am on a new battery right now, other battery is being charged, so I don't think the battery is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroller173 View Post
    Don't buy a new battery yet... Sometimes I'll have a problem with one nightly, then not with the next... I had almost what you're experiencing about a week ago; no longer.
    Too late. Haha. I have two batteries already, just ordered a third battery, and a spare battery charger. Dude I need my phone on, it can't die--I'm a CEO of a business, lol. It lasts maybe 8 hours standby, if I browse web or other stuff, it goes down even faster. I have 2 home screens, that's it. No running services besides LauncherPro and "Network Location" (which i guess is just Google Maps--but GPS is turned off so...). Had these battery problems since the libcore changes which was right around the time of CM7.0.0 final. I've tried everything, including wiping over and over and over again. I've also done TONS of full charge, wipe battery stats, full discharge, full charge, and it never helped.
    Last edited by 0vermind; 05-17-2011 at 01:57 PM.
    Sync your files online, and across computers and phones, with Dropbox. 2GB account is free!

I'm selling the domain investgy.com. Registered until 2016. Go to the website to make an offer. :P
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    does it actually die or just ask to be plugged in? i had a 5% charge last 12 hours before the battery stats corrected themselves
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Rooted
    Stock ICS
    No SetCPU
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by jerroedr View Post
    does it actually die or just ask to be plugged in? i had a 5% charge last 12 hours before the battery stats corrected themselves
    Oh wow. Yeah it does die. It doesn't last very long on 5%... lol.

8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    Anyone having 3g problems? I have data but it's not green so no emails or notifications in like 8 hours.... tried restart connections and airplane mode with no results.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    OG Droid
    Running Winner's Cyanogenmod 7 Nightlies with Raidzero's LV 250-1250 Kernel and Raidzero's awesome recovery
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Did you install Google apps after the installing the rom?

Edit: this is to tdawg

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Last edited by swikk; 05-18-2011 at 05:09 AM.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    0vermind: which nightly are you one now? I am using 7.0.3 but at first was using deprimed and battery life was not so great, not as bad as yours, though. Anyways, I reflashed just the rom to get the stock kernel and am now getting 24+hrs again. I also use two-three batteries with the spare battery charger.

That port on the phone isn't really made to charge the battery, no, it's for hacking only! lol.

Links