DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 149 of 560 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 5597
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: **CM7 Build Thread**

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Bionic (sad but sweet)
    MD,

I just had a flash. Yes, I know.

There is mention of AAC support. When froyo first came out, there were certain streaming programs had issues due to lack of proper aac support (pandora I think). Lately with GB we have had quite a few folks report specific issues with certain apps and streaming. And to date we sort of made the assumption that the apks themselves had not caught up.

Could this be a fix for them so that the streamers can actually fix their applications. I don't know, just throwing it out for someone to perhaps enlighten us. It certainly looks like a fix for static music files at least. Maybe it is bigger than I first thought.....

Hey UNC, you out there man. You gotta know something about this

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by mdgmcse View Post
    It looks like mostly changes to NFC (doesn't help us D1 users) and some minor Bluetooth, image processing and speech processing updates.

There is a report page showing exactly the api's that are affected:

Added Packages android.nfc.tech
    Changed Packages android.bluetooth android.content android.graphics android.media android.nfc android.os android.speech android.test.mock
    Like you said Bear, nothing earth-shattering but good to know, thanks for sharing!
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid.
    kwalnut, thanks for the heads up on the accounts thing. I'm done with class today so I'm going to go ahead and flash the latest build.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    rossi636
    Phone
    D1 and iP4S
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear in NM View Post
    MD,

There is mention of AAC support. When froyo first came out, there were certain streaming programs had issues due to lack of proper aac support (pandora I think). Lately with GB we have had quite a few folks report specific issues with certain apps and streaming. And to date we sort of made the assumption that the apks themselves had not caught up.

Could this be a fix for them so that the streamers can actually fix their applications. I don't know, just throwing it out for someone to perhaps enlighten us. It certainly looks like a fix for static music files at least. Maybe it is bigger than I first thought.....

Craig

It looks like mostly changes to NFC (doesn't help us D1 users) and some minor Bluetooth, image processing and speech processing updates.

Changed Packages android.bluetooth android.content android.graphics android.media android.nfc android.os android.speech android.test.mock
    Like you said Bear, nothing earth-shattering but good to know, thanks for sharing!
    Gingerbread roms are lacking FLAC support. Hence why the streaming eventually stops after the phone goes to standby.

FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec, an audio format similar to MP3, but lossless, meaning that audio is compressed in FLAC without any loss in quality. This is similar to how Zip works, except with FLAC you will get much better compression because it is designed specifically for audio, and you can play back compressed FLAC files in your favorite player (or your car or home stereo, see supported devices) just like you would an MP3 file. (source)http://flac.sourceforge.net/
    David

►o·pen/ˈōpən/
    Accessible to all.
    Allowing access; not locked up.
    Having no means of closing or barring.
    Free from limitations, boundaries, or restrictions.
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Twitter
    expertontech
    Phone
    LTE Galaxy Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illmatic636 View Post
    MD,

Craig

Gingerbread roms are lacking FLAC support. Hence why the streaming eventually stops after the phone goes to standby.

FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec, an audio format similar to MP3, but lossless, meaning that audio is compressed in FLAC without any loss in quality. This is similar to how Zip works, except with FLAC you will get much better compression because it is designed specifically for audio, and you can play back compressed FLAC files in your favorite player (or your car or home stereo, see supported devices) just like you would an MP3 file. (source)FLAC - Free Lossless Audio Codec
    It should be there. CVPCS added it back in: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,2604
    Galaxy Nexus Setup
    Rom: My CM9 Kang
    Kernel: franco Nightly #135

Theme: ICS
    Launcher: Trebuchet
    Recovery: Team Win 2.1

Twitter: expertontech
    CM7 Thread with My Build for OG Droid

Thanks for the donation!
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    bear, i have a question,

you recommended dling the battery left app/widget but when i look at it it shows the est batt% at 100 and the voltage at the batt level...
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Rooted
    Stock ICS
    No SetCPU
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Bionic (sad but sweet)
    Illmatic,

As Winner pointed out we got flac support last week or so. I am pretty clear on what it is, my lack is about aac. As I do not use these file type, I do not know whether we have that support currently. And as I mentioned I thought there were issues with either Pandora or Slacker way back when that involved AAC and froyo. That made me wonder whether aac is not just for fixed music files (like mp3) but possibly involving the streaming side. Some folks are reporting errors with certain apps and streaming.

Craig
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Bionic (sad but sweet)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerroedr View Post
    bear, i have a question,

you recommended dling the battery left app/widget but when i look at it it shows the est batt% at 100 and the voltage at the batt level...
    Jerr,

I did? Please do not go back and find my quote if I did, my mind is bad enough as it is. The only battery apk that I ever used was BattStatt, and I have since removed it. Things are working so well with GB and prime's new work that I do not need the extra widget. Is that what you are referring to?

Craig
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Motorolla Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by illmatic636 View Post
    MD,

Craig

FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec, an audio format similar to MP3, but lossless, meaning that audio is compressed in FLAC without any loss in quality. This is similar to how Zip works, except with FLAC you will get much better compression because it is designed specifically for audio, and you can play back compressed FLAC files in your favorite player (or your car or home stereo, see supported devices) just like you would an MP3 file. (source)FLAC - Free Lossless Audio Codec
    Dunno what roms have to do with FLAC, just download poweramp and it supports FLAC right then and there.
    Android does where iPhone doesn't. Droid can where Backflip shouldn't
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by jerroedr View Post
    bear, i have a question,

Jerr,

I did? Please do not go back and find my quote if I did, my mind is bad enough as it is. The only battery apk that I ever used was BattStatt, and I have since removed it. Things are working so well with GB and prime's new work that I do not need the extra widget. Is that what you are referring to?

Craig
    i dont know who else woulda recommended it. it was because my 5% battery lasted 12 hours. battery left helps calbrate it or something?
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Rooted
    Stock ICS
    No SetCPU
  10. Kernel Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    to those having gapps sync issues (white wifi/3g means you have a google sync issue) check your date/time...it is what is causing the issue on my device
Page 149 of 560 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 ... LastLast

Links