It works i got 1.3 down and .60 up i had never got past 1 down before on 3g
A little off-topic but would it be possible for you or someone to make the mod for the last nightly? That way everyone's covered.
Heck, I would be happy enough if someone could post a methodology whereby we could create the flashable zip file without the need for the signing process The smali/baksmali is pretty straightforward, and I hate pushing sytem files while the phone is running. And it sounds as if Chevy has figured out the reason for the network selection "breakage".
Sorry Kev, I figured most folks looking into this hack had spent time on XDA in the OP where you can get the steps to edit your own services.jar file, from the rom you are running. To edit this file you have to smali and baksmali, which seems easy. I get lost in the creation of the flashable zip file which either requires the proper signing step or in my research some folks talk about sharing some kind of generic zip file whereby you can just drop in your file?
Just looking for an alternative to either relying on someone to create the flashable zip, or having to adb the modded file onto the phone. In the past I have had problems just using root explorer to change system files on the fly, and if the network menus breakage is not fixed, I would like to have both the modded and stock ready to flash, sans computer.
I'm on a Droid D1 w/CM 6.1.2 and flashed this file with no issues:
[MOD] Uncapped Data Mod for CyanogenMod 6.1.0 Stable - xda-developers
Out of morbid curiosity I flashed this threads file (Winner00) and downloads went from 1100-1500kpbs down to 300-400kbps. I rebooted several times, retested and no better results. I then re-flashed the file from xda-developers and speeds went back up to the 1100-1500kbps range....
Not sure why, just thought I'd throw that out there...
Last edited by Easy E; 01-02-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Despite my whinning above, I went ahead and created my own update.zip (and signed with test keys). My results:
Averages of 10 runs with Speedtest, stock 6.1.2 services.jar:
evdo B up 591 down 544
evdo C up 911 down 280
With the hacked file:
evdo B up 584 down 496
evdo c up 747 down 502
So, with my results I get more gain by switching data rates. I live a long way from our single tower, and use a repeater, hence my switching data codes. I get better roaming on evdo B. Having scoured all of these modded throttle threads, I would say that perhaps the folks who have gotten capped by extreme useage (total Gigs) and the folks who report getting capped while downloading (large files) might provide better feedback as to whether this really works, across the boards. I also say this as if you are at all versed in statistics, the extreme spreads in speedtest.net that I encountered, and as others have reported might give you statistical grey hairs. I am not in the placebo camp, but certainly in the "we need better testing methodology" camp.
Bear, I'm trying to get a functional one for the latest nightly users so everyone can share in the mod/hack if they wish without having to lose their rotary lockscreen. Could you...