DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: New Market v2.2.7 for CM

  1. Junior Droid
    ldougherty's Avatar
    Member #
    16885
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #11
    I'm running CM6.1.2

    I can't get the APK to install, just says Application Not Installed. Am I doing this right? Download and extract the file from megaupload and copy the APK file to my SD card. Then I'm using root explorer to launch the APK which in turn attempts the installation.

    Am I missing something or is there somewhere else I can get the latest market APK?
  2. Junior Droid
    ldougherty's Avatar
    Member #
    16885
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #12
    nm figured it out; needed to install via ROM Manager as the zip image.
  3. Master Droid
    aldaudio's Avatar
    Member #
    76141
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    264
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #13
    I tried a couple different files and still always bootlooped.

    How'd you get it to work?

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. Senior Droid
    tjkriegel's Avatar
    Member #
    44188
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    155
    Phone
    motorola droid
    #14
    I finally got mine to install by:

    1. Using a file manager to delete Vending.apk from /system/app
    2. Reboot into Clockwork Recovery
    3. Under advanced select Wipe Dalvik Cache
    4. Under partitions menu select Format Cache
    5. Install the update.zip from the sd card
    6. Reboot

    All previous attempts for me to install whether through Clockwork or Rom Manager gave me either bootloops or force closes.
  5. Master Droid
    aldaudio's Avatar
    Member #
    76141
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    264
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by tjkriegel View Post
    I finally got mine to install by:

    1. Using a file manager to delete Vending.apk from /system/app
    2. Reboot into Clockwork Recovery
    3. Under advanced select Wipe Dalvik Cache
    4. Under partitions menu select Format Cache
    5. Install the update.zip from the sd card
    6. Reboot

    All previous attempts for me to install whether through Clockwork or Rom Manager gave me either bootloops or force closes.
    Wiping and formatting those things won't cause me to lose all my apps and data will it?

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  6. Master Droid
    kevdog's Avatar
    Member #
    4295
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    722
    Phone
    moto droid
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by aldaudio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tjkriegel View Post
    I finally got mine to install by:

    1. Using a file manager to delete Vending.apk from /system/app
    2. Reboot into Clockwork Recovery
    3. Under advanced select Wipe Dalvik Cache
    4. Under partitions menu select Format Cache
    5. Install the update.zip from the sd card
    6. Reboot

    All previous attempts for me to install whether through Clockwork or Rom Manager gave me either bootloops or force closes.
    Wiping and formatting those things won't cause me to lose all my apps and data will it?

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Something tells me you formatted the /data partition. In addition if you made a nandroid backup prior to trying this trick, you could have just restored and been back to where you started.
  7. Master Droid
    aldaudio's Avatar
    Member #
    76141
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    264
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aldaudio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tjkriegel View Post
    I finally got mine to install by:

    1. Using a file manager to delete Vending.apk from /system/app
    2. Reboot into Clockwork Recovery
    3. Under advanced select Wipe Dalvik Cache
    4. Under partitions menu select Format Cache
    5. Install the update.zip from the sd card
    6. Reboot

    All previous attempts for me to install whether through Clockwork or Rom Manager gave me either bootloops or force closes.
    Wiping and formatting those things won't cause me to lose all my apps and data will it?

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Something tells me you formatted the /data partition. In addition if you made a nandroid backup prior to trying this trick, you could have just restored and been back to where you started.
    Well i didnt do any formatting when i tried it. I just tried installing the update.zip in recovery. I never format/wipe unless im changing roms.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  8. Master Droid
    kevdog's Avatar
    Member #
    4295
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    722
    Phone
    moto droid
    #18
    Im interested in installing the new market myself, but where is the best place to obtain the vending.apk or install.zip file? There are many floating around this forum and cyanogenmod.com and I'm confused which one is the "correct" one to apply.
  9. Senior Droid
    thebourbonnflip's Avatar
    Member #
    25659
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    218
    Phone
    OGDroid/Droid Incredible
    #19
    droid-life is reporting a new market updated 2.2.11, is it CM compatible?
  10. Developer Relations
    CJM's Avatar
    Member #
    117189
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Posts
    8,993
    Liked
    1035 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by thebourbonnflip View Post
    is it CM compatible?
    Just flashed through clockwork, seems to work just fine.

    Swyped from Droid Forums App
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Market apps (stock market)?
    By LMac8806 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2012, 10:09 AM
  2. Market
    By Tillyswilly in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 07:04 PM
  3. market help
    By johnnycool001 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 10:29 AM
  4. Fax App in Market
    By DoItLarge in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2010, 10:45 AM
  5. I lost the market apk! I need the market app!! Please Help.
    By dynomite1371 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 08:28 PM

Search tags for this page

android market apk cyanogen
,
android market apk cyanogenmod
,

android market apk cyanogenmod 7

,

android market apk for cyanogenmod 7

,

android market.apk for cyanogenmod

,
cyanogen market apk
,

cyanogenmod 7 market apk

,

cyanogenmod market apk

,
market apk cyanogenmod
,
market apk cyanogenmod 7
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+