I've just failed my 5th CM7 flash attempt. I've been using Liberty 0.8 up until now, and have plenty of experience flashing ROMs.
I have a Droid 2, and am trying to flash CM7 103 (but I've also tried nightly 100 with the same result).
- Power + UpArrow, use RSD Lite v5.3.1 to flash the original stock firmware
- Power + X, flash gingerbread OTA update, clear data + cache
- Root with the Droid 3 one-click script
- Install Droid 2 Bootstrapper
- Bootstrap Recovery (5.x.x.x) & reboot
- Clear data, cache, and Davlik (I've tried various combinations, leaving one or more out too)
- Install CM7, G-Apps (I've tried leaving out G-Apps too)
- Reboot... Hangs on red Motorola logo
- Go back to step 1
I've also tried installing ClockworkMod through Rom Manager, but it fails - it simply reboots my phone without going into recovery. What step am I missing?
The new nightlies are based off of Froyo, not Gingerbread, so my system files didn't match.