DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: All I can say is WOW....thank you CM7

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android

All I can say is WOW....thank you CM7

So....today my wife comes home and tells me her speaker phone isn't working anymore.....that and her phone is running slow (D2G). I thought...."didn't CM7 just get released for this?"....looked and sure enough there it was. So....without consulting (typically bad idea) I flashed CM7 on my wife's D2G.

WOW....this is a whole new phone now. I just can't get over how much faster and functional it is. Amazing to put it in one word.

My only complaint is the mirrored camera which I am sure will be fixed. Well that and there is no CM7 for my D3.

Thank you to all who work on Cyanogen. You guys are amazing.
    Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch t.v., save for your old age, obey the law, don't ask questions, and repeat after me.....I am free.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1, Droid2Global
    was this definitely a Droid 2 Global? Which CM7 version did you use? Because last I checked, there's only some third party ones at http://www.revnumbers.info/d2g.html ... and when I tried the most recent nightly for the Droid 2 Regular, it didn't work...
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid2 Global VZW
    The Froyo base has been accepted as an official build for D2G by Cyanogen but I believe there is a hold on posting info to the Cyanogen site because GB was released and is the CM version that supports GB is currently under development and solves the few issues the Froyo version had remaining.
    Right now the GB version works better than the Froyo one (Try the 8-26 version if the others do not work well for you as it is very stable)

Part of the delay and problems with recent updates have to do with the site the source files are kept was hacked and they are currently going through them to make sure no real damage was done.
    But if you want to run CM7 right now the best one to use is the GB Base version. If you need GSM though hold off as there is an issue with GSM right now that is being hashed out.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1, Droid2Global
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
    The Froyo base has been accepted as an official build for D2G by Cyanogen but I believe there is a hold on posting info to the Cyanogen site because GB was released and is the CM version that supports GB is currently under development and solves the few issues the Froyo version had remaining.
    Right now the GB version works better than the Froyo one (Try the 8-26 version if the others do not work well for you as it is very stable)

Part of the delay and problems with recent updates have to do with the site the source files are kept was hacked and they are currently going through them to make sure no real damage was done.
    But if you want to run CM7 right now the best one to use is the GB Base version. If you need GSM though hold off as there is an issue with GSM right now that is being hashed out.
    just tried the 9-08 version and it gets stuck in a bootloop with the cyanogenmod logo just looping repeatedly ... now to try the 8-26 I guess.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1, Droid2Global
    edit: fixed by wiping data/cache
    Last edited by KJabs; 09-12-2011 at 07:04 PM.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A956
    I love this ROM CM7 is amazing ! Thanks guys.

Links