Cm7 Install Issue
Ok so I SBF'd back to stock 2.3.2 . Then downloaded the GB OTA, rooted using Droid 3 root, downloaded the CM7 ROM and used Bootstrap recovery to install it after wiping/factory reset and dalivk. Rebooted it and it goes to the red M logo and shuts off and just repeats. What am I doing wrong?
have you done a battery pull?
also i think the cm7 rom should be a cm7 type looking boot up
I didn't have the GB CM7 I got if figured out lol.
Sent from my CM7 DROID2 using DroidForums
that was my thought. I was going to make sure you didn't DL from the CM website, because that's based on the Froyo kernel. Glad you figured it out!
Originally Posted by Droid2xo
ha well at least you know what you did wrong,
2 quick questions i am about to sbf my current phone, and receive my replacement today,
what method do you use to sbf &
what method do you use to root
Both can be found in my signature. Check out the links below
Originally Posted by John Gi
0wow thanks which file download , odexed or deodexed ,
also these are basically the steps i think i should follow, please correect me if im wrong
1.) install drivers and rsd program
2.) run rsd program nd follow the steps in the first post
well thats as far as i think i know that i should do?
Don't worry about odexed/deodexed just get the full SBF file, then:
1) install drivers and rsd (there's a newer version of rsd in my signature too)
2) get the phone into bootloader mode by powering it off completely, then hold the up key on the physical keyboard when powering on
3) once in bootloader mode, connect to the pc and start rsd
4) select the sbf file in rsd
5) click start and wait for it to reboot
it might not get to 100% before it reboots. I've had it get stuck at 99%, but that doesn't necessarily mean that something went wrong. When it boots:
1) wait until the M shows, pull the battery
2) put the battery back in and boot it up while holding the x key on the keyboard to get into stock recovery
3) when you see the android with the ! press the search button on the keyboard (Pretty sure it's search for Froyo, if search doesn't work, press BOTH volume buttons simultaneously)
4) once in recovery, select "wipe data/factory reset"
At this point you should be at a complete factory state. I did this all from memory, so some things may vary slightly, but all the necessary information should be here. If you need more help, feel free to stop back here in the forums, and feel free to PM me if needed.
i cant find the full sbf file,? on MDW it doesnt load up, do you know where else i can get it,
I'm putting it in my dropbox right now. I'll post a link when it's done transferring.