DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fm radio on cm7?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid2

Fm radio on cm7?

Does anybody have the fm radio working with cm7? And if so how would I find the apk.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid2
    Anybody?? Hello is this thing on hello

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Rockin' the Droid X
    from what I understand, try using "spirit fm" from the app store. I haven't had luck, but others have. I may try it again. FM Radio was about the only thing I missed from blur.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Tweaked Stock Bionic
    I am pretty sure I have read that the FM radio is Blur based. Therefore it won't work in a ROM that is not blur based, such as CM7. You can probably get it to work on Liberty 3.0
    Veritas vos Liberabit

K.C. Cole
    Android Ninja

6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    GalaxyS/Legend/P500/i5500
    Quote Originally Posted by whatsinaname View Post
    from what I understand, try using "spirit fm" from the app store. I haven't had luck, but others have. I may try it again. FM Radio was about the only thing I missed from blur.
    Yes, try the latest version and let me know the problems. Send me the logs with Menu -> Help -> EM Logs and be sure to identify your phone model and username here in the email text or subject.

The main issue is some phones have really bad signal strength, but strangely some seem OK. My theory is that there is a software antenna switch, but I don't know where yet.

The MIUI ROM for Droid X has a working FM app now. It uses a bunch of Motorola libraries and binaries. My app works OK on this ROM when run while the MIUI app is run, but otherwise can receive very little.

----
    One funny thing with the Droid X. It's the most popular identified phone with an "active install" of my free app now. It's 5.1% (1,287).

Yet, it doesn't even register in the top 10 for the paid app. This ranges from 13.1% (34) for HTC Desire to 3.1% (8) for LG Optimus 2X.

So do Droid X users tend towards "thrifty" or are these bad reception issues widespread enough that free apps aren't getting unlocked ?
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Rockin' the Droid X
    mikereidis, thanks for responding. I had reinstalled Spirit, but when choosing motorola, or motorola2, I only got large bursts of static. I am running CM7 with gingerbread kernel, and its on a droid X (I ended up in the droid 2 forum just because searching for fm solutions brought me here )
    I had already uninstalled it, but this weekend I will reinstall and send you the logs.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by whatsinaname View Post
    mikereidis, thanks for responding. I had reinstalled Spirit, but when choosing motorola, or motorola2, I only got large bursts of static. I am running CM7 with gingerbread kernel, and its on a droid X (I ended up in the droid 2 forum just because searching for fm solutions brought me here )
    I had already uninstalled it, but this weekend I will reinstall and send you the logs.
    Thanks. That's exactly what others have reported. And yet strangely, one of the biggest fans of my app had a Droid X with CM and he seemed to have no problem, and a few have also reported this...
    Last edited by mikereidis; 11-14-2011 at 04:44 AM.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX

great app, Mike!

I also missed my FM radio after I switched to cm7 nightlies. I just installed spirit and it works wonderfully! All I did was set the Motorola option and it picks up all stations in Wilmington, nc crystal clear. I am using a Motorola droidx with the latest nightly of cyanogenmod. I just wanted to commend you on a job well done! Thank you!
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by sickopsycho View Post
    I also missed my FM radio after I switched to cm7 nightlies. I just installed spirit and it works wonderfully! All I did was set the Motorola option and it picks up all stations in Wilmington, nc crystal clear. I am using a Motorola droidx with the latest nightly of cyanogenmod. I just wanted to commend you on a job well done! Thank you!
    Great ! Please let me know if it ever stops working, or signals get really low (assuming headset/antenna is plugged in.)

I wish we knew why some Droid X's work fine but others don't !

If more Droid X users would buy my unlocker, I might have enough to purchase one used and determine the problem. With "bad luck" though, I might get one that works...
    Last edited by mikereidis; 11-14-2011 at 04:50 AM.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX
    Quote Originally Posted by mikereidis View Post
    Great ! Please let me know if it ever stops working, or signals get really low (assuming headset/antenna is plugged in.)

I wish we knew why some Droid X's work fine but others don't !

If more Droid X users would buy my unlocker, I might have enough to purchase one used and determine the problem. With "bad luck" though, I might get one that works...
    Lol. Well actually I have one that I'm not using... I replaced it because it got wet but it still boots to the bootloader. I haven't reloaded android on it yet but since it boots I would imagine it works. Perhaps instead of purchasing an unlock key I could send you this phone? Let me know... =)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links