DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 368 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: The CM7 Gingerbread ROM (CM4D2-GB) is now ready for prime time!

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 liberty and anything
    Dang! Lots going on I see? I passed out around 2am waiting on a rc3 apex....and now after getting some work done, I see I have a lot of catching up to do...so..there is a nightly build for cm7gb? And hey! Idopa, did you sbf before hitting the apex build rc3?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    To whom it may concern...I did have issues with batt yesterday..as I had described some concern...However...after thirty minutes I'm still at 100% so all I can say is..."Settling" has more truth than I had believed prior....dang...still @ 100% and I have it on automatic backlight...

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    shunyata31
    Phone
    Droid 2
    No need to sbf for apex bro. I'd stick with cm7 tho.

I just flashed the latest 8/28 build from revs site. Very very smooth! Make sure you flash jboxens mod zip as well over it. It's great!

CM74D2-GB
    Last edited by ldopa; 08-28-2011 at 11:46 AM.
    Ldopa
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by ldopa View Post

I just flashed the latest 8/28 build from revs site. Very very smooth! Make sure you flash jboxens mod zip as well over it. It's great!

CM74D2-GB
    Dling now.thanks Idopa! Aaaagaaaiiinnnn! :-)

5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Alright, I have a serious problem that I doubt anybody here can help me with but at this point I have no other options.

I am on vacation outside of my Verizon coverage area. I had good enough telephone coverage but was running CM7 4D2 and had terrible battery life and needed something with better battery since I can't charge constantly so I thought I would try CM7 GB. I wiped and flashed the GB Monster Leak and when I went to activate my phone, no luck. Called Verizon from another phone and they are telling me that I will not be able to activate it until I get back into an area where they have their own towers!

So, does anybody have any suggestions? Any way to activate the phone or is it possible to go back to one of my back ups and have a working phone? I am afraid the answer is no and I am stuck without a phone until i go home in a few days
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosdroidamus View Post
    It worked fora while, now it's back to not focussing again. I tried using the MIUI camera to no avail. Any other suggestions?

Figured out my problem. It's a hardware issue, which sucks even more than I thought. 8(
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 2

CM74D2-GB
    Hey Idopa, do you run flash that in conjunction with running the V6 Supercharger script and the 98kickasskernel tweaks?
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by SWFLDroid View Post
    Alright, I have a serious problem that I doubt anybody here can help me with but at this point I have no other options.

I am on vacation outside of my Verizon coverage area. I had good enough telephone coverage but was running CM7 4D2 and had terrible battery life and needed something with better battery since I can't charge constantly so I thought I would try CM7 GB. I wiped and flashed the GB Monster Leak and when I went to activate my phone, no luck. Called Verizon from another phone and they are telling me that I will not be able to activate it until I get back into an area where they have their own towers!

So, does anybody have any suggestions? Any way to activate the phone or is it possible to go back to one of my back ups and have a working phone? I am afraid the answer is no and I am stuck without a phone until i go home in a few days
    Believe it or not, I had this prob once when a tower was down, I flashed a backup, and it put me back to every setting I had and it found the nearest tower some how..go for it..you should be ok, but nothing is in stone..you have nothing to lose!
    Edit. Just make sure your backup is on the same rom and kernel..btw..I have heard of a trick that when you get the triangle at setup in the status bar..hit clockwise on all the corners..this will get you on your interface again to backup...
    Last edited by droid2drummer; 08-28-2011 at 12:55 PM.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    This is the changelog for the froyo kernel ver. Is there a changelog for revs gb builds, or are they both supporting the same changes?

CM74D2-GB
    The updates are the same for our Froyo or GB versions.
    CM7
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by droid2drummer View Post
    Believe it or not, I had this prob once when a tower was down, I flashed a backup, and it put me back to every setting I had and it found the nearest tower some how..go for it..you should be ok, but nothing is in stone..you have nothing to lose!
    Edit. Just make sure your backup is on the same rom and kernel..btw..I have heard of a trick that when you get the triangle at setup in the status bar..hit clockwise on all the corners..this will get you on your interface again to backup...
    How would I even get to the point where I could flash a back up?

My last flash was to the GB Monster Leak so, would I have to go back to a GB back up or could I flash back to a CM7 Froyo back up?
Page 11 of 368 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Links