DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 1.1.4 camera issue

  1. Droid
    ahendric's Avatar
    Member #
    2482
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    48
    Phone
    HTC XV6800 => Droid => Bionic
    #1

    1.1.4 camera issue

    I am running the latest 1.1.4 and my picture sizes are not the full 5 meg. The closest I can get is 2.9 meg. Any one else seeing this?

    Thanks
    A
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    Thoraldus's Avatar
    Member #
    4151
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SE Idaho at 6000'
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by ahendric View Post
    I am running the latest 1.1.4 and my picture sizes are not the full 5 meg. The closest I can get is 2.9 meg. Any one else seeing this?

    Thanks
    A
    5Mb is the number of pixels in the image, not the size of the jpg file. The image is 1936 x 2592 pixels = 5,018,112 pixels = 5Mb
    -----------------------------------
    Moto Droid with Sapphire 2.0.2
  4. Droid
    heleos's Avatar
    Member #
    86296
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    91
    Phone
    Droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoraldus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ahendric View Post
    I am running the latest 1.1.4 and my picture sizes are not the full 5 meg. The closest I can get is 2.9 meg. Any one else seeing this?

    Thanks
    A
    5Mb is the number of pixels in the image, not the size of the jpg file. The image is 1936 x 2592 pixels = 5,018,112 pixels = 5Mb
    You're getting MB mixed up with MP. Thoraldus has the correct answer though
  5. Droid
    ahendric's Avatar
    Member #
    2482
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    48
    Phone
    HTC XV6800 => Droid => Bionic
    #4
    Well, you are right about that, i was tired and not thinking straight. The strange thing is that some of them were saved as even smaller pictures. Maybe because i zoomed them in.

    Thanks
    A
  6. Senior Droid
    Thoraldus's Avatar
    Member #
    4151
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SE Idaho at 6000'
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ahendric View Post
    Well, you are right about that, i was tired and not thinking straight. The strange thing is that some of them were saved as even smaller pictures. Maybe because i zoomed them in.

    Thanks
    A
    The size of the JPG file will vary greatly depending on the amount of information in the image. Compare the size of two images - one of the blue sky and one of some trees.
    -----------------------------------
    Moto Droid with Sapphire 2.0.2
  7. Senior Droid
    Thoraldus's Avatar
    Member #
    4151
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SE Idaho at 6000'
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by heleos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoraldus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ahendric View Post
    I am running the latest 1.1.4 and my picture sizes are not the full 5 meg. The closest I can get is 2.9 meg. Any one else seeing this?

    Thanks
    A
    5Mb is the number of pixels in the image, not the size of the jpg file. The image is 1936 x 2592 pixels = 5,018,112 pixels = 5Mb
    You're getting MB mixed up with MP. Thoraldus has the correct answer though
    I got it mostly right. Mb should have been Mp in my post.
    -----------------------------------
    Moto Droid with Sapphire 2.0.2

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Camera issue
    By davesarnoff in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 02:51 PM
  2. camera issue
    By markad11 in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 07:16 PM
  3. Camera issue
    By Drooks10 in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 08:38 AM
  4. Camera Issue
    By hdanley13 in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 03:06 PM
  5. camera issue
    By jtseals in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 03:30 PM

Search tags for this page

5mb image dimensions
,
droid 1 camera 2592 x 1936
,
droid 3 camera issue
,
droid 3 camera issues
,
droid 3 camera meg
,
droid cam 1.1
,
droid x camera image not saving
,

droid x camera image size

,
droid x camera picture size
,
droid x camera pictures sizes different
,
droid x forum photos not proper size
,
droid3 camera photo size
,
droidx camera image dimensions
,
iam 1.1.4
,
iphone 4 camera not 5mb
,
iphone picture size not 5mb
,
picture size droid 3 camera
,
thoraldus idaho
,
verizon with 5meg camera
,
what size is the camera on a motorola droid
,
why are doird pictures not 5mb
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+