DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To anyone planning to post in our forums, we have a request, Please Read

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    First of all, if anyone posted here as "your ROM sucks, use this one instead," they deserve a kick in the butt for being stupid. No doubt about it. that is just plain stupid.
    He definitely deserves 30 day vacation from forum.

However, if a user posts that there was a problem that they are having a problem with, pointing to a user with another that does not have that problem is not necessarily a bad idea. Let me use myself here as an example.

I got to try Sapphire after reading the interview with CVPCS on droid-life. Since then, I've been a very happy camper until I discovered a problem. I've reported(actually someone else reported it after our conversation) the problem and been waiting for a fix since then. However, that problem was such a deal breaker for me, I had to find a solution. I've tried many different things, but at the end I decided to give another rom a shot. Fortunately, that fixed the problem. So what is the first thing I do? I ran to IRC and let the devs know how I fixed the issue. Which I think would give sapphire devs to look at the difference rather than just trying to fix it. My thoughts were that it would be giving them a shortcut to a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by wingdo
    It's not much different than someone on a Ford forum telling you that they don't have this issue with a Chevy and you should get a Chevy instead. Or someone responding back in here "the iPhone doesn't have this issue, Droid's suck".
    You have a very good point here. This is exactly what I saw. Because the response from Ford would be, "Hey! stay away from our customers!" Very commercial indeed.

This is an open community for Droid(or android). I really wish we would see more collaboration rather than completely isolating different builds.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    It all boils down to courtesy.....
  3. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid, HTC Incredible
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    All it is, is asking for courtesy, nothing more. I just chose to type it out, because it seems in the android world any common courtesy grey areas are subject to exploitation.

"i want to punch motorola in the face, then i want to shove my droid x down his throat and when he starts choking say "oh sorry, apparently your throat isn't signed properly for loading air into your lungs" - cvpcs
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @TheArmyOf2
    Phone
    OG Moto Droid Fo' Shizzle
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Enigma View Post
    First of all, if anyone posted here as "your ROM sucks, use this one instead," they deserve a kick in the butt for being stupid. No doubt about it. that is just plain stupid.
    He definitely deserves 30 day vacation from forum.

However, if a user posts that there was a problem that they are having a problem with, pointing to a user with another that does not have that problem is not necessarily a bad idea. Let me use myself here as an example.

I got to try Sapphire after reading the interview with CVPCS on droid-life. Since then, I've been a very happy camper until I discovered a problem. I've reported(actually someone else reported it after our conversation) the problem and been waiting for a fix since then. However, that problem was such a deal breaker for me, I had to find a solution. I've tried many different things, but at the end I decided to give another rom a shot. Fortunately, that fixed the problem. So what is the first thing I do? I ran to IRC and let the devs know how I fixed the issue. Which I think would give sapphire devs to look at the difference rather than just trying to fix it. My thoughts were that it would be giving them a shortcut to a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by wingdo
    It's not much different than someone on a Ford forum telling you that they don't have this issue with a Chevy and you should get a Chevy instead. Or someone responding back in here "the iPhone doesn't have this issue, Droid's suck".
    You have a very good point here. This is exactly what I saw. Because the response from Ford would be, "Hey! stay away from our customers!" Very commercial indeed.

This is an open community for Droid(or android). I really wish we would see more collaboration rather than completely isolating different builds.
    Problem is we don't get "hey so and so's rom doesn't this problem (or fixed said problem) maybe you could check out what they did to fix it." We get as an answer to a issue/bug "try XYZ, it's the best." I get they're probably not saying "ABC ROM" sucks, but at the same time as a community we don't want to hear it. To me if it's out in general I don't have a problem with it, but if it's in this ROMs threads, it's annoying.

I agree it's supposed to be open, but at the same time there needs to be a level of respect for the devs that busted their ass to put this product out and the testers that dealt with all the buggy builds so that these can come out as smooth as they possibly can. When you (not you specifically...universal "you") blatantly go into their threads and offer the solution of trying another ROM it seems like a slap in the face to those people and as a community the supporters of that ROM will rise up...we're protective of our devs lol
    Of all the things I've lost,I miss my mind the most.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid A855
    There will always be trolls man, if your product is good "People will come Ray... People will come..."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links