DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easiest way to get from 1.0 to 1.1

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Easiest way to get from 1.0 to 1.1

I've got Sapphire 1.0 and want to go to 1.1 The only problem is that I have to wipe my phone before I do this, but I have so many apps downloaded. I have an app backup app called on the fly backup that will install my apps, but the problem with that is when I re-install them, they wont show up in the market when I need to update them. Can you all please give me some advice here?

PS. I get a TON of random reboots running 1.0 sapphire. And it seems to freeze up a lot. It's kind of frustrating... Any idea why or some fixes. If it matters, im running the dark theme

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiix300 View Post
    I've got Sapphire 1.0 and want to go to 1.1 The only problem is that I have to wipe my phone before I do this, but I have so many apps downloaded. I have an app backup app called on the fly backup that will install my apps, but the problem with that is when I re-install them, they wont show up in the market when I need to update them. Can you all please give me some advice here?

PS. I get a TON of random reboots running 1.0 sapphire. And it seems to freeze up a lot. It's kind of frustrating... Any idea why or some fixes. If it matters, im running the dark theme
    1) answer to post title - best way to get from 1.0 to 1.1 is to go to 1.1.1 (do a whipe both data and cache)

2) use titanium backup pro. it will restore even your user settings and it will link back to the market so they'll all be updated again when that time comes around.

3) about the reboots- make sure you're using a kernel that is a) supported by CVPCS, and b) stable on your phone. this may mean using a SV vs a LV kernel or perhaps raising the minimum speed from 125 to 250 MHz. Not all kernels work on all phones.

good luck and if you have any problems or more questions, stop by the IRC chat on freenode: webchat.frenode.net, room: #cvpcs
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks for the answers there... 1. and 2. should be easy enough for me... About #3... I havent messed with the kernals. When i installed 1.0 i guess i have whatever kernal is there by default. I have the moto droid 1 and have setcpu installed. I have the 5 profiles set and it has max 1000 and min 125. I tried setting min to 250 and there is no other options between 125 and 400.

What's the easiest way to go about installing a different kernal if i have to. Sorry I didnt use the search function on that question, but if you would be so kind to help, it would be appreciated

thanks
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiix300 View Post
    Thanks for the answers there... 1. and 2. should be easy enough for me... About #3... I havent messed with the kernals. When i installed 1.0 i guess i have whatever kernal is there by default. I have the moto droid 1 and have setcpu installed. I have the 5 profiles set and it has max 1000 and min 125. I tried setting min to 250 and there is no other options between 125 and 400.

What's the easiest way to go about installing a different kernal if i have to. Sorry I didnt use the search function on that question, but if you would be so kind to help, it would be appreciated

thanks
    I thought the default kernel was 250-800... You might not have the kernel you think you have. THe default kernel will be re-applied when you update to 1.1.1 so see if you have any luck with that when you get there.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I guess I will give 1.1.1 a shot tonight and see what happens... I really just ultimately want to stop the freezing and reboots which is my #1 priority... as far as all the cool techy options that keep coming out, they are great but I dont feel special when I go to show them to someone and my phone has to reboot first (I feel like im back to my blackberry storm)... lord knows I dont want that = for me right now

(just wanted to play with the pictures ha)
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Rennovated, sapphire 2.0
    I Actually wouldn't run setCPU i've had nothing but problems with it. If you install the default you will have a 250mhz - 800mhz scaling. That is what i have and it runs perfectly, dont really see a need to go faster than that.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I could try that as well... are you on 1.1.1? what theme are you using?
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by tominabox1 View Post
    I thought the default kernel was 250-800... You might not have the kernel you think you have. THe default kernel will be re-applied when you update to 1.1.1 so see if you have any luck with that when you get there.
    The OP is currently running 1.0 which came stock with a 125-1000 kernel.

Galaxy S4: Stock 4.2.2
    Transformer Infinity TF700: Rooted / CromiX 4.5 (4.2.1)

D1 -> POS ThunderBolt -> Bionic -> RAZR MAXX -> Galaxy S4
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Rennovated, sapphire 2.0
    I have 1.0 and its 250 - 800mhz scaling.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurkingfear View Post
    I have 1.0 and its 250 - 800mhz scaling.
    Sorry, but it didn't come with the 250-800. It truly did come with a 125-1000. 250-800SV became stock with 1.1.0 (the next official release after 1.0.0, technically the 1.0.5 test which was released just before 1.1.0 also had the 250-800SV).

From the Sapphire website for 1.0.0 @ sapphire:releases:1.0.0 [CCRoms Wiki]
    "I personally recommend kernel 7125-1000LV that is included, as it provides good speed with good stability, and longer battery life."

[EDIT] better source:
    http://github.com/cvpcs/android_vend...-gem/CHANGELOG
    "1.0.2:
    New kernels [cvpcs]
    Added some new kernels with interactive governor support, which
    provides a tradeoff between battery life and performance that
    leans more towards performance. Note that ondemand will remain
    the default as it promotes better battery life. The stock
    125-1000LV kernel has also been replaced by the 250-800SV kernel
    for the purpose of providing more stability out-of-the-box."
    Last edited by wingdo; 09-16-2010 at 09:43 PM.

Galaxy S4: Stock 4.2.2
    Transformer Infinity TF700: Rooted / CromiX 4.5 (4.2.1)

D1 -> POS ThunderBolt -> Bionic -> RAZR MAXX -> Galaxy S4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links