DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Keyboard issue

1. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

Keyboard issue

I did a fresh install of sapphire 111, data/cache wipe, and now my keyboard word predicition is terrible. I doubt this is a rom issue, but is there any way to make it better, like it was before I did the wipe? I did a restore with TI and I'm thinking I mightve unchecked the user dictonary or something by accident, but I don't even know if that would cause this. Any help?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @TheArmyOf2
    Phone
    OG Moto Droid Fo' Shizzle
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo_droid View Post
    I did a fresh install of sapphire 111, data/cache wipe, and now my keyboard word predicition is terrible. I doubt this is a rom issue, but is there any way to make it better, like it was before I did the wipe? I did a restore with TI and I'm thinking I mightve unchecked the user dictonary or something by accident, but I don't even know if that would cause this. Any help?
    If the user dictionary didn't get restored that will totally impact your word prediction...it would have lost all patterns for predicting what word you're trying to type and may need to be built back up now...not good news I know, but that's the only thing I can think of...maybe someone else knows more.

Maybe check your TI backups and see if it's lingering in there somewhere? That would really be the only hope for you to get away without having to go through the keyboard software re-learning that I know of
    Of all the things I've lost,I miss my mind the most.
  3. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyof2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo_droid View Post
    If the user dictionary didn't get restored that will totally impact your word prediction...it would have lost all patterns for predicting what word you're trying to type and may need to be built back up now...not good news I know, but that's the only thing I can think of...maybe someone else knows more.

Maybe check your TI backups and see if it's lingering in there somewhere? That would really be the only hope for you to get away without having to go through the keyboard software re-learning that I know of
    I thought that might be the case, just hoping there was another quick fix, thanks for the response

Links