DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: led not working with handcent and 1.1

  1. Junior Droid
    getsideways's Avatar
    Member #
    19535
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #1

    led not working with handcent and 1.1

    just upgraded from 1.0 to 1.1 and my led is not working with handcent. anyone else having this prob? it is working fine with email. thanks.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. ink
    ink is offline
    Droid
    ink's Avatar
    Member #
    12512
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    41
    #2
    Did you try going into the Handcent settings and changing the LED settings to see if it made a difference? I installed 1.1 yesterday and my LED is working fine with Handcent. I always go in and change the flashing frequency to normal instead of default (habit).
  4. Theme Developer
    carlz28's Avatar
    Member #
    42280
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    820
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID X
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #3
    Is handcent reliable again? I switched to Chomp a long time ago because of these issues with handcent (among other problems).
    My name "IS" carl-- z28 is just what I drive.
    But I respond to anything....call me Tom, Richard or Harry.
  5. Droid
    CruiseFL510's Avatar
    Member #
    102438
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    61
    Phone
    Droid Project Elite
    #4
    I had the same problem. Had to uninstall and re-install. Works good now.

    I find Handcent reliable.
  6. Theme Developer
    carlz28's Avatar
    Member #
    42280
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    820
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID X
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by CruiseFL510 View Post
    I had the same problem. Had to uninstall and re-install. Works good now.

    I find Handcent reliable.
    Without hijacking the thread too much, when the Droid went to 2.1...thats when all the issues started happening. I guess you could say it was Google's fault because they removed the part that allowed screen-on LED notifications. Then the dev of Handcent had a hard time getting things to work properly. Texts would be erased, sent multiple times, all kinds of issues.

    Now that a few ROMs have the feature available again, I wonder if the conflicts still exist.

    To the OP: please keep us updated with what you find out. I'd love to go back to Handcent again, if everything works as intended.
    My name "IS" carl-- z28 is just what I drive.
    But I respond to anything....call me Tom, Richard or Harry.
  7. Master Droid
    Jasko's Avatar
    Member #
    32987
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    328
    Phone
    Droid 1
    #6
    I just upgraded to Sapphire 1.1 last night and restored everything via Titanium. Just text messaged myself and the LED light works for me with Handcent. Like you stated, it only works when the screen goes off..
  8. Senior Droid
    Deuel's Avatar
    Member #
    13457
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    180
    Phone
    ThunderBolt
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasko View Post
    Like you stated, it only works when the screen goes off..
    To get the notification to work when the screen is off, try this:

    Menu>Settings>GEM Settings, check the box on "LED while screen on"

    Let us know if that works for you.
  9. Master Droid
    Armyof2's Avatar
    Member #
    83138
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    556
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @TheArmyOf2
    Phone
    OG Moto Droid Fo' Shizzle
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by carlz28 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CruiseFL510 View Post
    I had the same problem. Had to uninstall and re-install. Works good now.

    I find Handcent reliable.
    Without hijacking the thread too much, when the Droid went to 2.1...thats when all the issues started happening. I guess you could say it was Google's fault because they removed the part that allowed screen-on LED notifications. Then the dev of Handcent had a hard time getting things to work properly. Texts would be erased, sent multiple times, all kinds of issues.

    Now that a few ROMs have the feature available again, I wonder if the conflicts still exist.

    To the OP: please keep us updated with what you find out. I'd love to go back to Handcent again, if everything works as intended.
    I've not noticed any real problems...lotta redraws when i exit that's about it. I never really got into using chomp just outta habit i guess
    Of all the things I've lost,I miss my mind the most.
  10. Junior Droid
    getsideways's Avatar
    Member #
    19535
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #9
    uninstalled handcent and reinstalled, now it works. thank you.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. handcent not working with ss4.7
    By MaCe in forum ChevyNo1
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 09:43 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 11:08 AM
  3. Handcent Vibration NOT working even when enabled.
    By Laramie in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 12:38 AM
  4. Handcent text suggestions stopped working
    By iesous2 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 12:45 PM
  5. Handcent not working
    By bobl in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 10:04 AM

Search tags for this page

handcent led motorola droid not working
,

handcent led not working

,
handcent privacy box no notification just led
,

handcent privacy box notification

,
handcent privacy box notification settings
,

handcent thunderbolt led

,
handsent led light stopped working
,

how does handcent privacy box work

,
my led light stopped working droid
,
wht did my led on my droid stop working?
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+