DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phone proximity sensor bug, makes phone go mute or hang up

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Phone proximity sensor bug, makes phone go mute or hang up

Coming from chevy's roms for a long time i forgot this bug existed prior to when he fixed it during 4.X... During a phone call if I hold the phone my right shoulder it will mute, dial numbers, or hang up during the call. Moving to saphire for the first time i can see this bug is present.... see this thread:

in call tilt sensor

Chevy fixed it so maybe CVPCS can?

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by tassadar898 View Post
    Coming from chevy's roms for a long time i forgot this bug existed prior to when he fixed it during 4.X... During a phone call if I hold the phone my right shoulder it will mute, dial numbers, or hang up during the call. Moving to saphire for the first time i can see this bug is present.... see this thread:

in call tilt sensor

Chevy fixed it so maybe CVPCS can?
    There is a open Bugzilla ticket for this issue: Bug 66 – Proximity Sensor??? since 0.8.4
    My first smartphone was a Droid 1. Then I found the Nexus... Galaxy Nexus LTE unlocked & rooted...
    AOKP JB build ROM, IMO JB exp Kernel,
    Root Apps - Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, SetCPU, ROM Toolbox, Rom Mangler/ClockworkMod, CWMR Touch, Lightflow, SD Maid, Nova Launcher
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    That explains why I muted the phone in a call for the first time ever last night (and I've had it since launch day).
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Tarantino View Post
    That explains why I muted the phone in a call for the first time ever last night (and I've had it since launch day).
    It's actually an issue even with Eclair Android 2.1 the phone turning back on while holding up to your ear. Often people with long hair have the problem.

My first smartphone was a Droid 1. Then I found the Nexus... Galaxy Nexus LTE unlocked & rooted...
    Root Apps - Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, SetCPU, ROM Toolbox, Rom Mangler/ClockworkMod, CWMR Touch, Lightflow, SD Maid, Nova Launcher
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by captdroid View Post
    It's actually an issue even with Eclair Android 2.1 the phone turning back on while holding up to your ear. Often people with long hair have the problem.
    Huh, strange. I've never had it happen before, and my hair is very short. Hopefully it was just a fluke and doesn't happen again then.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Huh, strange. I've never had it happen before, and my hair is very short. Hopefully it was just a fluke and doesn't happen again then.
    I have never had the problem (short hair) with Eclair or Froyo but my g/f does unless she puts the phone behind her hair.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

I have a buzzcut and it happens to me atleast once a day cause i rest my phone my right shoulder all the time
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

I have never had the problem (short hair) with Eclair or Froyo but my g/f does unless she puts the phone behind her hair.
    This is not a short hair/long hair/dirty hippie issue. Please read the thread (or at least the last page) the original poster linked to.
    Last edited by DJSpite; 08-06-2010 at 01:20 PM.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSpite View Post

This is not a short hair/long hair/dirty hippie issue. Please read the thread (or at least the last page) the original poster linked to.
    Yes there does appear to be at least 2 different issues relating to proximity sensor and the phone locking and staying locked when held up to ones head.
  11. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX HD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    OK - Glad I saw this post, thought something was wrong with me phone. I almost always use my bluetooth, but yesterday I took a call without it and my phone hung up!
    Also, I noticed a slight lag when swiping to answer.

RETIRED THEMER
    (Check out my Droid 1 themes - click here)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links