DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Problems installing

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Problems installing

I'm trying to install this rom and am getting bizarre results. Since I was coming from a froyo rom (bugless 0.3), I didn't wipe cache and data. I installed using ClockworkRecovery. It started to boot and got to the boot animation - but it would only show a couple frames and restart. It did this for a good 10-15 minutes or so before I gave up and restored to a backup. I tried it again with wiping cache and data and got even less of a result - no boot animation at all, just a black screen.

Does this ROM only work when installed over a particular base image? I noticed that the zip is only 16mb, which seems like it wouldn't include all of /system
    Cool CM Tricks
    custom_backup_list.txt - make a list of files in /system that will survive a nightly install (ringtones, notifications, system apps, wallpapers, whatever)
    in Terminal Emulator, set this as your shell command: "/system/xbin/su -c /system/xbin/bash". You get all the features of bash, root access, and you can still use the initial command field for whatever you want (default is adding /data/local/bin to your path)
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    I just downloaded the Rom and it was over 72 mb.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Baton Rouge, LA
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    I just downloaded the Rom and it was over 72 mb.
    Well that explains that, then!

I went here:

releases:sapphire-0.6.2 [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki]

And clicked on the stock theme release for 0.6.2:

http://sapphire.davekover.com/files/...ock-update.zip

Ohh, I see what I did. I downloaded the theme, not the whole rom. Whoops, let me try that again correctly. Maybe I should read instead of just skimming :-P
    Cool CM Tricks
    custom_backup_list.txt - make a list of files in /system that will survive a nightly install (ringtones, notifications, system apps, wallpapers, whatever)
    in Terminal Emulator, set this as your shell command: "/system/xbin/su -c /system/xbin/bash". You get all the features of bash, root access, and you can still use the initial command field for whatever you want (default is adding /data/local/bin to your path)
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5
    Almost every "ROM" I've ever tried is roughly 70 MB in size, in update.zip form. If you get something much less than that than something went wrong in downloading.

Also hopefully you can get away with not wiping data+cache, but I always prefer to do so when switching between ROMs, even if they are the same base (eclair, froyo, etc.).
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by pdroid View Post
    Almost every "ROM" I've ever tried is roughly 70 MB in size, in update.zip form. If you get something much less than that than something went wrong in downloading.

Also hopefully you can get away with not wiping data+cache, but I always prefer to do so when switching between ROMs, even if they are the same base (eclair, froyo, etc.).
    Yes, like I said, I downloaded the theme instead of the rom by mistake. I'll give it another shot once I download the actual rom.
    Cool CM Tricks
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Yeah, that worked much better when I downloaded the correct file :-)
    Cool CM Tricks

Links