DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Two bugs?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Two bugs?

I've noticed two issues that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere, but maybe I missed it.

First: I've noticed the volume dialog often shows the wrong volume as being adjusted. For example, when simply on the home screen, adjusting the volume should adjust the ringtone volume. Now, the ringtone volume DOES get changed, but the dialog box shows media volume. When I am on a call, NOT using Bluetooth, the volume rocker adjusts the in-call volume, but the dialog box displays bluetooth call volume. When I'm on a Bluetooth call, it the dialog box says 'alarm.' When playing music, it says 'media through bluetooth". So, I don't know the dialog boxes are called up, but it's almost like they are called by an index and the index is off a digit.

Second: When settings times, say for an alarm or a calendar event, the dialog box has two buttons: "Default" and "Cancel" I would assume instead of "Default" it should say "OK".

I'm running Sapphire 2.0.0; the only 'changes' being a different Sapphire kernel (125-1200, LV) and the Black Bar Mod. I wouldn't think the either would have an affect on either of these.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom6294 View Post
    For example, when simply on the home screen, adjusting the volume should adjust the ringtone volume. Now, the ringtone volume DOES get changed, but the dialog box shows media volume.

Second: When settings times, say for an alarm or a calendar event, the dialog box has two buttons: "Default" and "Cancel" I would assume instead of "Default" it should say "OK".

I'm running Sapphire 2.0.0; the only 'changes' being a different Sapphire kernel (125-1200, LV) and the Black Bar Mod. I wouldn't think the either would have an affect on either of these.
    I just did a quick test on both of those cases, as I had not noticed any issues (but I'm not very observant at all times, so I checked).

Volume rocker from home screen says 'ringtone', and buttons for calendar time editing read 'set' and 'cancel'.

I'm running 2.0.0 with the 255-1000SV kernel and stock theme.

I *DID*, however, do a full wipe prior to install and have manually installed my apps and used individual apps' abilities to restore settings where possible, instead of doing a complete restore with Titanium. I am also running the 'rotary' lock screen.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5
    I've noticed two issues that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere, but maybe I missed it.

First: I've noticed the volume dialog often shows the wrong volume as being adjusted. For example, when simply on the home screen, adjusting the volume should adjust the ringtone volume. Now, the ringtone volume DOES get changed, but the dialog box shows media volume. When I am on a call, NOT using Bluetooth, the volume rocker adjusts the in-call volume, but the dialog box displays bluetooth call volume. When I'm on a Bluetooth call, it the dialog box says 'alarm.' When playing music, it says 'media through bluetooth". So, I don't know the dialog boxes are called up, but it's almost like they are called by an index and the index is off a digit.

The Black Bar Mod is responsible, although these things may have been fixed. Check the thread.
  5. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdroid View Post

The Black Bar Mod is responsible, although these things may have been fixed. Check the thread.
    The newest versions afaik do NOT have these problems. I've left 98% of the images alone, only replacing ones in the status bar. It should no long have this effect.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    -----------------------------------
    Rom: CyanogenMod 7 Winner00's Nightly #85
    Recovery: ClockworkMod 3.1.0.2
    Kernel: Prime's deprimed_test
    Theme: Stock
    Launcher: ADW EX 1.2.2
    Launcher Theme: Gingerbread
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/ihaztehwingz

-----------------------------------
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Not sure how I missed those points in the Black bar mod thread. I think I must have downloaded the black bar files not a day before the fix, but didn't get around to installing Sapphire a couple days later.

Appreciate the info and appreciate the work from both the ROM and theme devs.

Links