DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Out Your Dead.... We're Not Dead Yet - Sapphire 2.0 Release!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    jfltevzw
    Quote Originally Posted by ukyfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amosavitas View Post
    ukyfan,
    install Rom from SD Card
    choose Sapphire 2.0, choose "add Zip" when you get the Install Queue popup and choose gapps.
    Hit OK and make your wiping and backup choices and let it do it's thing
    I swear I feel like a freaking moron! That was so simple. The hardest part was just waiting for Titanium to give me back my apps, and resetting my widgets. Thanks again dude, and sorry for my boneheadedness
    my pleasure man, it does seem too simple I made the move from spr to clockwork begrudgingly last year at some point, and I've never looked back.
    ~Word~
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    It's ok Uky, we've all gone through it, now you're "experienced enough to still get yourself in trouble" like the rest of us.

I tried to do too many flashes before rebooting last night, did 2.0, gapps, new market, gb kb, and brother, ended up going back to my nandroid backup.

Most of the time you can do the rom, gapps, and a kernal together, all through recovery. I leave my phone hooked to my computer via usb, and in recovery, will enable USB storage. Then, I can take each file and change to "update.zip" and flash in turn.

It's afterwards that you do work, moving fonts, ringtones, apps, widgets, launchers, themes, boot animation, etc.

Black bar WILL NOT work in 2.0, the framework-res is not the same (my guess, yes, I tried it for the heck of it - boot loop on animation). I'm not sure who's porting it over, but JoelRX gave permission to go to 1.1.1, same holds here, it will appear sooner (than later), that's all I'm waiting for at the moment. For now, I just have ADW hide the bar.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    I stand corrected, looks like we did see this soon! Downloading Now...
    How To: Compiling a Custom Version of Clockwork Mod Recovery
    <-- Lockscreen

ROM: Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.3
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    LOVE 1.1.1; can't wait to get on 2.0 (Droid's dead at the moment)! That Tron theme is insanely awesome. If you can port that to Sapphire, I would have no reason to miss CM

Though I doubt a theme would be enough to get me to switch from Sapphire; it's too danged smooth. Great work!
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    It seems to run well on my droid but I feel its missing two important things: power strip in the pulldown shade and complete notification bar theming. I think Ill be going back to CM6 until these are added....
    How To: Compiling a Custom Version of Clockwork Mod Recovery
    <-- Lockscreen

ROM: Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.3
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    You know the powerstrip in the pulldown was not an android thing, but a OEM thing, forgot who's. Sapphire's ideology is to provide the most stable improved android experience itself, which it overachieves

So unfortunately those little things have to be added by themers, etc.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @keithsmith22
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by RW-1 View Post
    You know the powerstrip in the pulldown was not an android thing, but a OEM thing, forgot who's. Sapphire's ideology is to provide the most stable improved android experience itself, which it overachieves

So a themer can add things like the Powerstrip pulldown? If thats the case, I would love for one of you smart Themers out there to make a simple black bar with the power strip in the drop down. That is as far as the themes as I go, I do miss this feature from CM but I am a Sapphire man and it is for sure the most stable ROM out there. Hands down.
    "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and persistent in prayer"
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RW-1 View Post

cvpcs said he will at one point add the notification power controls into the rom, but instead will write it himself as cyanogenmod's implementation relies heavily on code that existed in cyanogen before them (i.e. have to go dig for lots of old code and add it to for them to work). This will take a lot of coding, so it might be a while.
    -----------------------------------
    Rom: CyanogenMod 7 Winner00's Nightly #85
    Recovery: ClockworkMod 3.1.0.2
    Kernel: Prime's deprimed_test
    Theme: Stock
    Launcher: ADW EX 1.2.2
    Launcher Theme: Gingerbread
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/ihaztehwingz

-----------------------------------
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5
    I do like the controls in notification bar that CM has, but it's not a deal breaker for me. All I really need to toggle is bluetooth, and there's a market app that sort of does that in notifications - it will suffice until cvpcs implements the widget.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Nice to see Sapphire 2.0 release! I ran Sapphire 1.x for quite a while. The current Sapphire feature set is not nearly enough to woo me back from CM. CM is stable and fast and loaded with features. I wanted features now on my D1 custom ROM (which I have in abundance with CM). Waiting does me no good since time is ticking and phone hardware is advancing at a rapid pace. This from the perspective of a current D1 user. My comments and current ROM preference is not a slight at all towards CCRoms or CVPCS. Some day I may return to my old stomping grounds CCROM's. Today for my D1 is not that day.
    My first smartphone was a Droid 1. Then I found the Nexus... Galaxy Nexus LTE unlocked & rooted...
    AOKP JB build ROM, IMO JB exp Kernel,
    Root Apps - Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, SetCPU, ROM Toolbox, Rom Mangler/ClockworkMod, CWMR Touch, Lightflow, SD Maid, Nova Launcher
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Links