DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 11/5/2010 - New Kernels

1. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Your "stock" is 125?

Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by novarocker247 View Post
    I'm looking for a Kernal, I am currently using Slayher 300-1200, that will allow me to drop down to 125. Also, what will the different voltages do other than run the battery down?
    Why 125? Good chance of that not being stable.
    Stock speeds are unstable? :

HX, the only kernels I know of that run 125 low-end (and I'm sure there are others, I'm just saying what I know) are the P3Droid kernels. The LV kernels are usually very stable for people. Need a link? I'll PM you.

DroidForums Junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Stock low-end is 125MHz on the D1. A lot of custom kernels run at 250 because under 2.0 and 2.1 a lot of phones would SERIOUSLY lag at 125MHz on wakeup, causing lost calls and missed texts and often a period of unresponsiveness that most found unpleasant. 250MHz fixed that.

Well, under 2.2 the JIT compiler and overall code streamlining has lead to an almost 100% speed improvement at any clock, so 125 makes sense again. I'm running 125-800MHz and I have ZERO lag issues unless my phone's been running for a couple days and a reboot is in order. Unless you count the occasional redraw, but that's usually because I'm doing something stupid.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    I would like to know what would be the best Chevy1 LV/ULV kernels to flash on my D1 running BB 6.2.1. Just wanting to save power and since mess with my D1 all the time. I like the performance i have now but if i could make it better i would like it even more.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    motorola droid bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by crazytrain69 View Post
    I would like to know what would be the best Chevy1 LV/ULV kernels to flash on my D1 running BB 6.2.1. Just wanting to save power and since mess with my D1 all the time. I like the performance i have now but if i could make it better i would like it even more.
    try the ulv1.1 i ran that one when i had bb and i loved it. battery lasted all day and ran very cool.

Rooted Moto Droid Bionic
    Running: ICS 6.7.246
    With Apex Launcher

Get dropbox i need more space:
    http://db.tt/rhMQYz60
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I have a request for chevy or someone else. I run Cyanogen 7 (Gingerbread) and the only kernal that works amazing with great results is the ultra low voltage kernal.

However, there are a few things I am missing, first being I would like to be able to scale down to 125MHz. Second being, my phone is in desperate need of compcache, and his kernals don't support compcache. I don't know how to fix this, I've tried using the milestone overclock, but I don't know what vsels to use. I thought something like 60 for 1.1GHz would be ultra low, but it still runs pretty warm.

Any ideas anyone?
    Mike Lierman. Entrepreneur. Founder and CEO of Invise Solutions.
    Sync your files online, and across computers and phones, with Dropbox. 2GB account is free!

I'm selling the domain investgy.com. Registered until 2016. Go to the website to make an offer. :P
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    I will look into suporting 125 at the low end - but need to know what slot everyone thinks should go away in favor of 125.

Also - newest set of kernels support compcache Not released yet - but will be released along with my SS 5.00 GB rom
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    rossi636
    Phone
    D1 and iP4S

Talking

Thanks Chevy. Was hoping to test out the Gingerbread, however, by the time I got to your thread, there had been 25 replies already!

Thanks for the kernel updates tho!!!!!
    David

►o·pen/ˈōpən/
    Accessible to all.
    Allowing access; not locked up.
    Having no means of closing or barring.
    Free from limitations, boundaries, or restrictions.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    I will look into suporting 125 at the low end - but need to know what slot everyone thinks should go away in favor of 125.

Also - newest set of kernels support compcache Not released yet - but will be released along with my SS 5.00 GB rom
    Sounds good to me, Chevy. I don't feel like mucking about with the manual overclocking on my phone quite yet (it's a refurb replacement), but I know my old phone loved the first 2.2 kernels you kicked out. I did miss the 125 low-end slot, though.

Would love to see that back, and if you can get compcache working with the stock CM compcache controls then you will be the envy of other kernel-builders.
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    I guess that depends on what you mean by 'stock CM compcache controls' - are you meaning via a CM UI of some sort? I am using the compcache scripts CM built, but heavily tweaked - and yes it is working just great
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    Gil_Smash
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    No 125, my phone doesn't like it, or at least keep both versions.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Rom: SteelDroid Nexus 1.0
    Theme: Stock
    Kernel: franco.Kernel Nightly
    Launcher: Nova
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Links