DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wifi issue with 4.8....

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX

Wifi issue with 4.8....

I've been having a random issue with wifi. It stay connected but, it stops sending data or gets slow. I can turn off wifi and then things are faster with 3G, like radar loading on weatherbug, app downloads, or this site. Then I'll turn wifi back on and it's fast for a few then slows down again. If I deal with it. It will speed back up and down at random. I guess it would be worse to have wifi work and not 3G, but it's annoying.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I have same issue. I found different WIFI's work better or worse then others. My work one does not work well besides sometimes. My home works great. Every once and a while it slows down a bit but could but cause of the wife downloading or useing facebook.

I have noticied a lot of issues since I moved to droid 2.2 I would consider calling verizon android support.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX
    Mine happens everywhere I go and I think it started when I loaded SS 4.8, but can't be 100% on that. I loaded it up and went on vacation. Now that I think about it, that is why it didn't work when I tried to link to the hotel wifi. So, yeah it's from 4.8
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I had this exact issue with SS 4.7. The wifi at times would also make the data connection quit working (I think it happened when I would go in and out of wifi range, but it was quite random), and I'd have to cycle airplane mode on and off, or if that didn't work, reboot. I then tried out UD 8.0 and haven't had the problem since. I was hoping 4.8 eliminated this issue but it doesn't sound like it, I really want to get back to SS but need a data connection.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper31 View Post
    I had this exact issue with SS 4.7. The wifi at times would also make the data connection quit working (I think it happened when I would go in and out of wifi range, but it was quite random), and I'd have to cycle airplane mode on and off, or if that didn't work, reboot. I then tried out UD 8.0 and haven't had the problem since. I was hoping 4.8 eliminated this issue but it doesn't sound like it, I really want to get back to SS but need a data connection.
    I had 4.7 loaded for 3 or 4 weeks and the only issue I had was the camera not working hardly at all. Now with 4.8 the only issue I've found is this wifi. I loaded over a rooted 2.2 and then the 4.7 without wiping. I figure if I can't find a work around or someone doesn't come up with one by this weekend. I'll just try a wipe and install.

Where is Chevy's fix permissions? I can't remember where I saw it and I haven't tried it yet.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Would this issue affect the wireless tether app as well? I am loaded 4.8 yesterday and I can't get the wireless tether app to work. It said something about Netfilter-enabled kernel is required. Am I missing something here with the kernels? Currently have 2.6.32-ulowV-1.0Ghz
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX
    I have a wifisharing lite and it will work, but only for small moments. After the data stops flowing the app locks up and I have to reload it to try again. Not sure, but I would think the tether would see the same sort of issues. The only way I can think to tell is if you try enough that you get it work for a moment. Other wise it could be something else. I haven't tried the tether myself, but I'm sure there are many people using it or there would be a 10 page thread on it already.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX

Update....

I downloaded some wifi tool apps. I'm able to monitor access points with now issue and connect with now issue. When I test the speeds is where I see the difference. I'm downloading between 55 - 137K and uploading mostly toward the 760K. Only once out of the 20 tries was it low and that was still over 400K.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid 1
    i have 4.8 and havent had not one problem with wifi or anything..if anything as well, my battery life is also better and i am running 1.2 gig ulv kernel at all times and my phone doesnt even get onver 97 farenhiet
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid 1
    i just did a wifi speed test and got 5530 download speed and 369 upload on my first text and then i switched it to mega bytes instead of kilobytes and i got 4.78 download and .42 upload speeds...thats running it 2 times so i dont know ..lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links