DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to fix redraw issue

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    r00ted D1

How to fix redraw issue

I was still having issues with the redraw when using ADW/Launcher Pro and just came across this in the BB forum and thought I would post it here for others to use. I take no credit for it, I am only reposting it.

Credit to samsonite801
    If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal,
    type su and enter.
    Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter.
    Then reboot.
    Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag.

If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/ local.prop

OG post can be found here: FIX: Reduce REDRAW with launcherpro/ADW *Credit to samsonite801
    Thunderbolt r00ted
    Transformer r00ted

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus
    The method I used was to just go into ADW options and check "System Persistent". I did this at least a month ago and haven't had a redraw since.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid 1
    same here i might not be able to switch orientation on the home screen but it works wonders
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by droidkevlar View Post
    I was still having issues with the redraw when using ADW/Launcher Pro and just came across this in the BB forum and thought I would post it here for others to use. I take no credit for it, I am only reposting it.

Credit to samsonite801
    If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal,
    type su and enter.
    Then reboot.

If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/ local.prop

OG post can be found here: FIX: Reduce REDRAW with launcherpro/ADW *Credit to samsonite801
    This has actually been done in my stock build.prop ... thx for sharing though!
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    r00ted D1
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    This is why you are the best.
    Thunderbolt r00ted
    Transformer r00ted
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorla Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post

Credit to samsonite801
    type su and enter.
    Then reboot.

just looked through build.prop and found the same line. awesome. but will keeping it in local.prop as a new file affect the phone in any way? for now i am deleting my local.prop i created since you already included it.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid 1
    thats y i seen it in the build prop when i have 4.8 already haha
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    r00ted D1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigee1212 View Post

just looked through build.prop and found the same line. awesome. but will keeping it in local.prop as a new file affect the phone in any way? for now i am deleting my local.prop i created since you already included it.
    Quote Originally Posted by stabl4life82 View Post
    I was still having redraw issues 4.8 after running it for a few days. I am testing now to see if it fixes it with just leaving it in local.prop. Will report back after 1 more day of running phone straight.
    Thunderbolt r00ted
    Transformer r00ted
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by bigee1212 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by stabl4life82 View Post
    I was still having redraw issues 4.8 after running it for a few days. I am testing now to see if it fixes it with just leaving it in local.prop. Will report back after 1 more day of running phone straight.
    Are you using anything like Widgetlocker or Quickdesk that asks you to make it the home app, then forwards to your actual home app?

I think if you have one of those set up that way, it sort of ruins the build.prop mod because it is taking the priority away from ADW or LP.

Fortunately Widgetlocker has a new root option to replace its "home helper", so that it functions well without needing to be the home app anymore. With that and ADW's "system persistent" option, I have zero redraws. All is well.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    r00ted D1
    Never heard of that app. I do use Launcher Pro though. So that could be my issue.
    Thunderbolt r00ted
    Transformer r00ted
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links