DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Chevy

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR

Help Chevy

SS 4.8 will not load from clockwork, I get all the correct little boxs as it completes its down load. When I touch the window that says reboot into recovery it gos to the motorola bat wings and completes a some what normal reboot go back to the bat wings 2 times and then to the word droid the eye and the x 3 to 5 more times. am at a loss I want 4.8.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1
    How long have you let it wait at the 'X'? the first boot after an install can take several minutes and seem like its stuck.
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    How long did it take to install? Should have been at least a minute or two - if you still get loops, did you wipe? Did you try a diff. kernel?
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  5. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    THE_Yakitori
    Phone
    TBolt, D1
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    likely a kernel issue. Download his mv 0.8ghz kernel. After you install the ROM in recovery, go to partitions menu, very bottom...mount usb. *must be connected to computer. Then move the kernel file over to the sd card...back out of partitions. Go to install zip from SD card...next option....choose zip from SD card....then select the kernel zip...install it...then reboot.

After you get up and running, you can try other kernels. I suggest using chevy's new kernels.

Also, there is an issue with the no theme version that chevy is fixing right now. If you want to wait for it..give till later today...or...just install the themed one. Honestly...Id rather have the theme than no theme. Themers will be making their themes to flash over the no theme AND the blue theme.
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    notheme is ready and uploaded!
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG DROID 1
    Jeez that was quick Chevy

Sent from my Simply Stunning 4.8 Droid 1 with BLAZING 1.25GHz speed using TapaTalkPro.
    ~ ChevyNo1 - Simply Stunning 4.8 Stock Blue Theme / ChevyNo1 - ULV 1.25GHz Kernal
    ~ OG Moto Droid 1 / Seidio Extended 2800Mah
    ~ ADW / SetCPU / Dolphin HD / Battery Left / Clockwork
    ~ Go Fast - 2005 Pontiac GTO Blk on Blk
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Never went to recovery just straight to the bat wings and the rest of reboot. Tring the vl 1ghz kernel. I use clockwork because I dont have the knowage to do it any other way.

One more time ss 4.8, stock theme, med volt 800, this time, nothing else, wipe and back up from clock work, dosnt boot into clock work, straight to the bat wings.
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyvino View Post
    Never went to recovery just straight to the bat wings and the rest of reboot. Tring the vl 1ghz kernel. I use clockwork because I dont have the knowage to do it any other way.

One more time ss 4.8, stock theme, med volt 800, this time, nothing else, wipe and back up from clock work, dosnt boot into clock work, straight to the bat wings.
    This sounds like the typical CWR issue - people have had to revert to older versions to actually get it to boot into recovery

10. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    THE_Yakitori
    Phone
    TBolt, D1
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    you could also try restoring.

going into rom manager...flash sprecovery...the flash back to CWR...then try to reboot again...your nandroids should still be there if you do...no worry about losing a backup.
  11. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    OG Droid, Charge, Bionic, S4
    Premium Member
    I've had that same issue before and it seems to be a CW issue. Work around is to flash alternate recovery, then CW recovery. Then install from SD or download.

Hope it helps.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links