DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redraw issue

1. Junior Droid
    Member #

Redraw issue

Chevy (or any other savvy person),
    I run 4.7 with patch 1, with launchpro as my home. Get a redraw every time I go from handcent back to the home screen. I've tried to set laucher pro to save in memory and cache, but this doesn't seem to help. I had been running saphire with comcache (sp?) And that seemed to reduce the issue. Is there a way to tweek my settings to reduce or eliminate this redraw issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Really love the latest version of the rom. Thanks for all the work you do.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I would try ADW launcher. Seems to run a little smoother, the dock bar is badass, and I haven't had a redraw issue yet.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunn23 View Post
    Chevy (or any other savvy person),
    I run 4.7 with patch 1, with launchpro as my home. Get a redraw every time I go from handcent back to the home screen. I've tried to set laucher pro to save in memory and cache, but this doesn't seem to help. I had been running saphire with comcache (sp?) And that seemed to reduce the issue. Is there a way to tweek my settings to reduce or eliminate this redraw issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Really love the latest version of the rom. Thanks for all the work you do.
    Do an advanced search for "redraw" in thread titles only. There have been a ton of threads about this and there have been some fixes found. Good luck.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    ADW was the solution for me, too. Use the "System Persistent" option. You will sacrifice homescreen auto-orientation, but this is what FINALLY got rid of redraws for me. I tried EVERYTHING with Launcherpro.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Theres no possible way to eliminate redraws on Launcher Pro. Ive tried everything and no luck. I recently switched to ADW and its been smooth sailing ever since. I just enabled the save to mem option and typed this command into terminal.

echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 > /data/local.prop

Got it from pg.4 on this thread.

SS 4.7 Launcher Pro
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by beatboiii View Post
    Theres no possible way to eliminate redraws on Launcher Pro. Ive tried everything and no luck. I recently switched to ADW and its been smooth sailing ever since. I just enabled the save to mem option and typed this command into terminal.

SS 4.7 Launcher Pro
    Did you try to run that using launcher pro??
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    ^Yep but it always comes back. Especially launching from the browser back to home. Also make sure you uninstall the original launcher using Chevys scripts
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by beatboiii View Post

SS 4.7 Launcher Pro
    I use Widgetlocker which is my "true" home app (so that build.prop trick would probably not help anyway). But it doesn't matter anyway, I don't have redraws.

The only issue I have is that, although the author says he fixed it, shortcuts for apps stored on SD still show up as default android icons if I reboot. However, restarting ADW one time takes care of that. Then, no more unwanted reloads.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid
    So I fixed my launcher pro redraws. I tried every rom possible, none of them helped. I tried every little option setting people suggested, nothing ever worked.

To fix your redraws make sure no apps are installed on sd. Sounds lame but I have not had a single redraw ever since I have put all my apps on internal storage. Phone is beyond snappy and smooth. It may suck, but its a small price to pay til. It can be fixed.
    Last edited by wickedkae; 08-24-2010 at 07:05 PM.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedkae View Post
    So I fixed my launcher pro redraws. I tried every rom possible, none of them helped. I tried every little option setting people suggested, nothing ever worked.

To fix your redraws make sure no apps are installed on sd. Sounds lame but I have not had a single redraw ever since I have put all my apps on internal storage. Phone is beyond snappy and smooth. It may suck, but its a small price to pay til. It can be fixed.
    That is SO not worth it though!

And, how long have you tested this? I thought I had solutions because I wouldn't get redraws all day long, but they always came back. Plus, I was having redraw issues back before I ever enabled app2sd as well.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links