DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Strange behavior after a restore

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid

Strange behavior after a restore

Not sure what is going on here, but its happened on both my restores of this rom with different themes. I end up in Portugal or something close to there and all my google maps and weather widgets show me as that being my current location! It could be a conflict I guess with an app I have loaded but they are both loaded with different items

I did restore a different rom/theme and some of the same widgets are in that theme and rom and I am back in the US! Not sure where to go with this other than start reloading stock rom and save.. maybe someone has run into this?

Very strange stuff..

Edit - this is pretty funny, I was at Wendys around the corner... at work its working fine, went back and tried this and back in Portugal, appears whatever wireless router is there I was picking up and it was applying it to my location.. or something like that.. what a trip!! all solved
    Last edited by azpilot; 08-24-2010 at 01:16 PM.

3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azpilot View Post
    Not sure what is going on here, but its happened on both my restores of this rom with different themes. I end up in Portugal or something close to there and all my google maps and weather widgets show me as that being my current location! It could be a conflict I guess with an app I have loaded but they are both loaded with different items

I did restore a different rom/theme and some of the same widgets are in that theme and rom and I am back in the US! Not sure where to go with this other than start reloading stock rom and save.. maybe someone has run into this?

Very strange stuff..

Edit - this is pretty funny, I was at Wendys around the corner... at work its working fine, went back and tried this and back in Portugal, appears whatever wireless router is there I was picking up and it was applying it to my location.. or something like that.. what a trip!! all solved
    LOL! Well glad the mystery is solved
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal

Links