DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Can't Install With Rom Manager

1. Master Droid
    Member #

Can't Install With Rom Manager

Hey guys, how can I install this ROM. I do it with ROM manager but downloads and just reboots so no real way to install it.

thanks for the help.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR. BOO
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by phaze3131 View Post
    Hey guys, how can I install this ROM. I do it with ROM manager but downloads and just reboots so no real way to install it.

thanks for the help.
    It's likely because your recovery is broken. Open up rom manager and reflash the clockworkmod recovery at the top, then try installing SS. You should have no problems then.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droooiiid
    I suspect your phone is unable to boot into whatever recovery you're using. If you're using the latest version of clockwork recovery, try flashing an older one. Newest doesn't work for me either, but 2.0.2.4 does
    LiQuID GinGeRbReAd 2.3.4
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    I had the same problem with RM some time back. What worked for me is to go into Settings and check "Erase Recovery". After that, I was able to flash the latest version of Clockwork and I've had no problems since through several updates.
    Simply Stunning v5.3 / ChevyNo1 1.0GHz LV / LauncherPro Plus v0.8.6
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Another reason for this might be a bad micro card. I have one that won't mount when I reboot. Every time I try to boot to recovery or install via ROM Manager it just hangs for a second on the recovery menu, then jumps to boot animation before I can use any of the menu options. Card works fine once I have phone up - can access it via ASTRO and through USB connection and read/write files. Thought I had a recovery issue so reflashed over and over with no luck. Tried switching to SPRecovery, same issue. Tried reformatting micro card, no luck. Finally installed an old micro card I had and works like a charm no matter what recovery i use. It's only a 2GB card, so I've got to run out and get a new 16GB card sometime - but I don't have this one maxed out yet.
  6. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW Moto Droid + N900 ;)
    GOOD NEWS EVERYONE.

Search for "Clockwork". One out of three threads are because it screwed up someone's machine.

When you use a hammer all items appear to be nails...

CLR is a broken hammer. That means it's not good for Screws, Nut, Bolts, or nails.

E
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    jleeusa
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I like the convenience of RM, but after having some problems with downloads not happening I have just stuck with installing zip files with Clockwork. I don't think Clockwork is the problem, its RM. When I boot into recovery and choose to install zip from SD card I have yet to have a prob. FYI, it doesn't need to be named update.zip. I will just copy a few things to SD card and install at my leisure through Clockwork. I know its not everyones preference, but its been working for me. Hope it helps a bit.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by tameone View Post
    I suspect your phone is unable to boot into whatever recovery you're using. If you're using the latest version of clockwork recovery, try flashing an older one. Newest doesn't work for me either, but 2.0.2.4 does
    newest recovery didnt work for me but i read this post and 2.0.2.4 did the trick thanks guys!
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid

Rom Manager Issues

The latest Rom Manager wouldn't install any new roms or backup my current. When backing up it just rebooted. When installing a new rom it hit the white triangle with the yellow exclamation. What solved this was to hit the flash clockwork mod (even though it was already done and shows a good flash version) then hit backup. After reboot I had to hit the flash clockwork mod again and then installed the new rom. Worked like a charm.

Links