DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Text color for Sirius/XM Radio app

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Text color for Sirius/XM Radio app

My notification time, text, and title colors are all white, yet the Sirius/XM app text in the notifications menu is still black and I can't read it. Is there any way to fix that?
    Current:
    Device: HTC Thunderbolt Rooted w/ S-Off
    Rom: Das BAMF Remix v1.7
    Recovery: CWM 3.1.0.2
    Kernel: Adrynalyne 2.6.32.21 @ 1.4 GHz
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Only way is for Sirius to add an option to change the text color, OR for someone to hack the xml in the app to change it ... I can only control default colors, if an app chooses one themselves ...
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    Only way is for Sirius to add an option to change the text color, OR for someone to hack the xml in the app to change it ... I can only control default colors, if an app chooses one themselves ...
    Chevy,

Talk to the Sapphire crew, I am sure their Gem Settings app (similar to yours) has the ability to change those text colors w/o the need for the apps to be hacked. I know for a fact when running Sapphire 1.0 I could edit it so that Pandora, Weatherbug, Sportstap and other music players could be read in the noticification drop down.

Also, I filled out a Feature request for this on your web site in the bug tracker.

Thanks!
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duhman View Post
    Chevy,

Talk to the Sapphire crew, I am sure their Gem Settings app (similar to yours) has the ability to change those text colors w/o the need for the apps to be hacked. I know for a fact when running Sapphire 1.0 I could edit it so that Pandora, Weatherbug, Sportstap and other music players could be read in the noticification drop down.

Also, I filled out a Feature request for this on your web site in the bug tracker.

Thanks!
    You know after posting about it I was thinking .. I should be able to control even what is put by other apps - I will poke around! At least THIS I can test.
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic (adios OGD)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duhman View Post
    Chevy,

Thanks!
    You know after posting about it I was thinking .. I should be able to control even what is put by other apps - I will poke around! At least THIS I can test.
    That's been the one thing I don't like about SS4.7.
    Wait - that's been the ONLY thing I don't like
    ...and if you figure it out and push the update w/o having to d/l a new version, well, that would be even slicker!

Thanks for an awesome ROM!!!!!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Yeah I also noticed the Sirius black on black text issue, but hadn't mentioned it... I spent several minutes poking around in all the text color options before realizing I just couldn't fix it, heh.

Also waiting for Sirius to release their updated app for Froyo... because as we all discovered, Google's stagefright fix did NOT fix the Sirius looping problem. Maybe when they do that, the text won't be black anymore?

Links