Firstly I must thank my beta testers (RichStevenson, y0rk, FSRBIKER, JMTownsend83). In addition, y0rk has really come up with some nice icons for 4.7 And of course, hosting has again been provided by Rich .
Secondly, PLEASE read the release notes as listed below before asking questions. Here they are:
0. Yes, this is on Rom Manager, and all links (including kernels) are current
1. Try NOT WIPING, and just installing SS v4.7. This is regardless of what ROM you are coming from.
2. IF you have issues with not wiping - install bkapps.zip into your old ROM, run it, wipe, install SS4.7, rstapps. This applies REGARDLESS of which ROM you are coming from.
3. ALL of my scripts are now in ChevyNo1 Tools
4. It will take MINUTES for a complete boot, whether you wipe or not, so be patient. What appears to be a bootloop may in fact not be. IF it jumps back to the M logo, you have a kernel issue. In this case download another kernel, either lower speed or different voltage, reboot to recovery, and flash.
5. IF you install a theme that has not been made SPECIFICALLY for 4.7, you will lose the Tools. services.jar has been HEAVILY modified, as well as Settings.apk.
6. IF you touch services.jar or Settings.apk in any way, you risk losing Tools, or breaking stuff altogether. Modding any apk with png's only should be fine. Also OK to mod are the status_bar*.xml files in framework.
7. Any tools you have used in the past (ie. colorChanger) that modify services.jar will likely no longer work as the codebase has changed ala me. Although I don't think you'll have a need for colorChanger any more. Let me know if I've missed something.
8. Titanium, the old Alarm Clock and QuickOffice are included, but disabled by default. Enable them in Tools.
9. IF you install the Droid2 MT Keyboard, it will replace the stock keyboard. Choose wisely.
10. IF you get FC's on apps after install or restore - run the 'Fix Permissions' in Tools, that likely may clear it up.
Again, most of the effort went into Tools. The highlights:
1. Screen lag on any of the launchers should be improved! That being said - I really do recomment another launcher. I'm partial to ADW - ADW.Launcher v1.0.1 standalone Application for Android | Productivity, VERY small memory footprint. It is also now an option in RM, which also installs an 'mvadw' script. If you DO use another launcher, use my tools to DELETE the stock Launcher2 (it will back up to SD). Otherwise, it will still take resources even though you don't run it.
2. You can now control your tunes (Media Player, Pandora tested) while the screen is off! Longpress volume up/down to skip tracks. Camera shutter (hardpress) to pause/play. I did NOT add graphical controls to the lockscreen.
3. Google fix for Pandora (all streaming AAC) included - this is NOT the hack that disabled stagefright; this has FIXED stagefright
4. Ability to change the carrier text to whatever you want! Should not affect any other apps.
5. Now when you 'delete' system apps, they are backed up to SD. So just in case you want it back .. you can get it back
6. rstapps has had a few fixes - you should see no FC's while restoring, or much less than the past. Also, there is a fix to prevent future market update errors (ie. insufficient storage).
7. Extra low dimness now available. Check out Settings -> Display
8. OTA patch capability - yet to be tested (on YOU )! I can now push out updates to all phones running my ROM. Everything EXCEPT a full ROM update. That is better left to you or Rom Manager. But any other updates, including patching APK's, I can now do automagically
9. Chrome To Phone now included
10. Bypass lockscreen option added in Tools
11. MORE things to hide in the statusbar - alarm clock, cell signal, 3g signal, battery, adb, usb. I have heard you all ask for being able to customize images themselves. I will get there
12. All options (ie scripts) selected in Tools are remembered, at least until a reboot.
13. More theme options, by y0rk! - [THEME - WIP] 3 New Colors - More to Come
14. I'm told I don't promote this enough - you can change pretty much ALL colors in the statusbar, ON THE FLY. No reboot, no xml hacking.
As you can see, I've been busy!
Existing from 4.6:
0. CPU Temp Monitoring is back in my kernels! (THANKS Dustinmj)
1. Screen Orientation controls remain
2. LED options (color choices) have increased. In addition, you can now keep the LED flashing while the screen is on, just like 2.0.1!! I know many people missed that when Eclair/Froyo came along.
3. ALL of my scripts have been moved to Tools. If you don't see one, let me know. No more terminal!
4. Pretty much ALL of the statusbar can be modified via Tools now - no more tools needed to modify services.jar or framework-res.apk! This includes color options for date, clock, notifications, ticker, carrier, etc.
5. Wi-fi tether app is no longer included but it can be downloaded from the market
6. Support for CIFS/EXT2/EXT3/EXT4 has been pulled. It (somehow) was causing my kernel bootloop issue.
1. After rebooting after rstapps, you may not sync the first time until you go into Settings, turn off then on Auto-sync.
2. After rebooting after rstapps, your first download from the market may not start. A quick reboot will solve this and it will never happen again.
3. Some may get a Google Talk sign-in error after rstapps. Even if the app is DELETED, it still fails once on every reboot. I am looking in to getting rid of it. I believe it is buried in the accounts file somewhere ...
THEMERS - Grab just services.jar, framework-res.apk, and Settings.apk here: http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/fr...emers-only.zip
Now for the links, and some screenshots:
Pandora - Glassed & White Pulldown Text THEME (apk not included, installed as update.zip) - http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/fr...dora-THEME.zip
Flash 10.1 (regular APK install) - http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/mi...shplayer-3.apk
SimplyStunning 4.7 Goodies - Index of /froyo/4.7