DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wireless Tether???

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Exclamation Wireless Tether???

Has anyone found a fix for the Wireless Tether? it's still not working on my phone and when I tryied to go back to 4.5 ss and it's still messed up?? so what ever it is it stayed with my phone even wiping and flashing 3 times??
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Are you using the latest? Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

Also, I'd like to mention that the wired tether is much, much faster, at least on my phone. YMMV!!
    Baton Rouge, LA
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godfish View Post
    Has anyone found a fix for the Wireless Tether? it's still not working on my phone and when I tryied to go back to 4.5 ss and it's still messed up?? so what ever it is it stayed with my phone even wiping and flashing 3 times??
    Also - 'not working' is not nearly descriptive enough for me to help you. What does 'messed up' mean?
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy s3
    I'm running 4.6 with the 1.0 ulv kernal and it runs flawlessly for me....no FCs or nothing.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by godfish View Post
    Also - 'not working' is not nearly descriptive enough for me to help you. What does 'messed up' mean?
    I would love help if anyone knows how it can be fixed?

Ok. 1 when I start tether my laptop or anything else can't connect to the phone or I get a bad ip address, I have to restart tether over and over till it will give out a good ip address.

2. After I get connected after about 3 mins I lose the 3G icon on the phone and it breaks my download... The laptop stays connected.. But it slows everything down, the icon comes back after about 30 seconds.

I saw that the tether app was not included because of "technical" reasons? But I don't know what those are? I was hoping to get tether working again because I'm leaving the on vacation and was hoping on using it? But going back to 4.5 didn't help and I had all of the same issues.

So I went back to 4.6 and didn't do a restore on my settings and apps this time, after getting done manually I still have all of the same issues?

It's kind of funny, everything was perfect in 4.5 but after 4.6 I'm pulling my hair out. Everything else is perfect and FAST!

And I do have the newest version of wireless tether, is there another app I could try.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    My co-worker and I are having the same problem with the device losing it's 3g connectivity. He has an Incredible and I have a Mota Droid. We both have been having our 3g connectivity drop. I've tried Cyanogen 6.0 v2 and Bugless .04 with 2 different kernals from Chevy and nothing has remedied the problem. It's very frustrating....
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I believe this to be entirely on Verizon's end. This didn't start until Froyo started to spread around the internet. All was working just fine just about until the official Froyo started rolling out, and then 3g connectivity just started to die while tethering. I think this is them actively killing unofficial tethering.

The only tethering app that works for me is PDANet, and I believe that only works because Verizon can't tell if you're tethering or using your phone because of the way PDANet works.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by soatari View Post
    I believe this to be entirely on Verizon's end. This didn't start until Froyo started to spread around the internet. All was working just fine just about until the official Froyo started rolling out, and then 3g connectivity just started to die while tethering. I think this is them actively killing unofficial tethering.

The only tethering app that works for me is PDANet, and I believe that only works because Verizon can't tell if you're tethering or using your phone because of the way PDANet works.
    Man!!! Do I feel special. Verizon's letting me use WiFi Tether!!

It works perfectly on my phone with Sapphire 1.1 and Wifi Tether for Rooted Users (205'Pre8 Verison) Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code
    Baton Rouge, LA
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post

It works perfectly on my phone with Sapphire 1.1 and Wifi Tether for Rooted Users (205'Pre8 Verison) Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code
    That is one of the exact configurations I have used that DOESN'T work (with the tethering app being quite literally the only app installed). It's obvious that this problem isn't widespread, but I have certainly noticed an increase in people reporting it over the last month.

I have tried four different ROMs with at least eight different kernels. I have also tried four different tethering apps, ranging from wireless to USB to bluetooth. The only one so far that works is PDANet and like I said, I only believe that works because it essentially masks the tethering (not an intended feature, but a side effect of the way it works)
    Last edited by soatari; 09-04-2010 at 10:35 AM.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post

That is one of the exact configurations I have used that DOESN'T work (with the tethering app being quite literally the only app installed). It's obvious that this problem isn't widespread, but I have certainly noticed an increase in people reporting it over the last month.

I have tried four different ROMs with at least eight different kernels. I have also tried four different tethering apps, ranging from wireless to USB to bluetooth. The only one so far that works is PDANet and like I said, I only believe that works because it essentially masks the tethering (not an intended feature, but a side effect of the way it works)
    Did you try versions other than the pre8? Back a couple (2-3) months ago, my phone would not run the three or four most current versions. I had to run one of the older versions to get tethering to work at all. Since then however the most current versions have worked for me.
    Baton Rouge, LA
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links