DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Want Stock Theme PLUS Battery %?

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichStevenson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    OK everyone - you ask and you shall receive. Patcher to put battery % in the stock SS theme

Just install as a regular update.zip - oh yea, notice how I'm not replacing the entire apk, but am able to update with just my changes? New - I intend to use it to update full themes with a tiny package

Add battery % to stock theme
    I've done something similar in my theme using a script to inject icons into apk's, from the terminal. Looks like that's your approach as well, I think...

Do you know if I could do the same, but specify my script to run in the updater-script?
    Yes, we have the same approach ... and you should also be able to run it from updater-script!
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1
    Which reminds me ... I think this will not work on other ROMS and I think I'll keep it that way for a while. So themers for my ROM get it easy for a while

I'm still testing with this, so it might not work But it looks like I can package up my entire SS theme in 4.5 MB
    Yeah keep it that way for a while. I'm kinda fond of those new battery icons and wouldn't want to see them pop up all over the place just yet.

And yeah with out the bulk of the .apk you can get the packages down pretty small. I had a set that I would use with MetaMorph that had icons and updates for 11 or 12 apps and the framework and it was under 5 megs if i remember correctly
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Hey Chevy... I'm running 4.6 and the Alternate Black theme, which lacks the percentage. So I tried this. It appeared to install fine but the new icons never showed up. I even ran my battery down below 90 to make the icon change once, just to be sure. It didn't take somehow, I guess. Still had the same battery icons without the numbers.
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by y0rk View Post
    Which reminds me ... I think this will not work on other ROMS and I think I'll keep it that way for a while. So themers for my ROM get it easy for a while

I'm still testing with this, so it might not work But it looks like I can package up my entire SS theme in 4.5 MB
    Yeah keep it that way for a while. I'm kinda fond of those new battery icons and wouldn't want to see them pop up all over the place just yet.

And yeah with out the bulk of the .apk you can get the packages down pretty small. I had a set that I would use with MetaMorph that had icons and updates for 11 or 12 apps and the framework and it was under 5 megs if i remember correctly
    Exactly - this basically is MM from recovery mode
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreaker47 View Post
    Hey Chevy... I'm running 4.6 and the Alternate Black theme, which lacks the percentage. So I tried this. It appeared to install fine but the new icons never showed up. I even ran my battery down below 90 to make the icon change once, just to be sure. It didn't take somehow, I guess. Still had the same battery icons without the numbers.
    Run this command:

ls -l /system/framework/framework-res.apk

I want to see if it was modified at all

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    hmm is it possible to make battery icons with 10% intervals? at 80% i see the battery icon says 80 but at 70 percent, i see battery icon with no percent....weirdest thing. i looked into your update.zip and did find icons with intervals of 10.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Run this command:

OK I'll have to do it later... I already restored from backup.
    I'll try in a while when I have time. Thanks.

That will show a file properties and date, correct?
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    chevy, i installed this via SPrecovery just like you said, it says that the install was successfull, but when i reboot i don't have battery percentages.

on another note, how do i get flash to work. i downloaded it from your site, but how do i install it?
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by undroid View Post
    hmm is it possible to make battery icons with 10% intervals? at 80% i see the battery icon says 80 but at 70 percent, i see battery icon with no percent....weirdest thing. i looked into your update.zip and did find icons with intervals of 10.
    Are you installing this into my ROM? Can you double check that the zip file you downloaded has a stat_sys_battery.xml file?

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Run this command:

Install appears successful but when I run this command, it says:

-rw-r--r-- root root 6957566 2008-08-01 0:500 framework-res.apk
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links