DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio auto-pause when headphone jack unplugged

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Audio auto-pause when headphone jack unplugged

This bug is driving me ABSOLUTELY CRAZY! I know that the audio quality issue has to due with stagefright which I have modified and now everything sounds great but the no auto-pause thing is just crappy. Basically the main times I am noticing this issue is in pandora,slacker radio and youtube but if anyone has more insight it would be greatly appreciated. Also any word on the auto-pause feature and navi? I still have the issue where the audio stops and doesnt start when using gps as well...

currently on 4.4
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    First off, what did you do to stagefright??

Secondly - so the main issue is audio pauses when the headphone jack is unplugged, and you'd rather it keep playing?
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post

Secondly - so the main issue is audio pauses when the headphone jack is unplugged, and you'd rather it keep playing?
    If you disable stagefright it supposedly fixes AAC decoding for streaming radio.

[FIX] Fix poor AAC streaming performance (Pandora, Slacker, etc) on Froyo - Page 3 - xda-developers

Here is the link so you can read up.
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdub998 View Post

If you disable stagefright it supposedly fixes AAC decoding for streaming radio.

[FIX] Fix poor AAC streaming performance (Pandora, Slacker, etc) on Froyo - Page 3 - xda-developers

Thanks very much - this will be added to the toolset for 4.6
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Is it possible to choose to use the OpenCore instead of Stagefright when building your ROMs from source? If so, wouldn't that be the best way to get back to better quality.. I mean unless there is an option in Stagefright that can be changed to make it work properly when compiling from source?
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duhman View Post

Is it possible to choose to use the OpenCore instead of Stagefright when building your ROMs from source? If so, wouldn't that be the best way to get back to better quality.. I mean unless there is an option in Stagefright that can be changed to make it work properly when compiling from source?
    I not even see OpenCore in the source anywhere ... so unless it is built separately, I don't see how ...

7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I thought this was based on the app used as a music player.

The stock one, Pandora, etc. do pause by default (as most users prefer) but something like MixZing does not.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    With 2.2 mine stopped pausing. Also navigation will pause pandofe but it will not automatically start back up after it is done speaking.
    Stock Droid Bionic. Lovin' the 4G.

OG Droid for my son to watch videos on, and not put sticky fingers onto my new phone.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Abadus View Post
    With 2.2 mine stopped pausing. Also navigation will pause pandofe but it will not automatically start back up after it is done speaking.
    Exactly. So like others mentioned I set stagefright to false as it assists with the aac decoding bugs that are being seen in audio streaming apps on 2.2. As for the pausing it is supposed to be based on the apps apparently yet non of them have fixed the issue yet which is kind of making me wonder if maybe it is something in 2.2 that could be tweaked?
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Sorry for the confusing post but I had come off of a long night shift so what I was thinking wasn't quite making sense while typing. At any rate the issue like I had just mentioned a moment ago is that when the headphone jack is unplugged the default audio behavior should be to pause. In 2.2 with pandora and lots of other media based apps that used to act this way now do not pause when the jack is pulled and keep playing through the speakers.

Seems like a trivial issue but I thought it to be one of the coolest hidden features on the phone tbh...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links