DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: SS4.5 WiFi won't connect or won't stay connected

  1. Banned
    gavron's Avatar
    Member #
    32757
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    555
    Phone
    VZW Moto Droid + N900 ;)
    #1

    SS4.5 WiFi won't connect or won't stay connected

    SS4.5. "Obtaining IP address" is what I get. The DHCP server reports:
    2010.07.22 09:47:10 DHCP.SERVER Server sent an Offer to the client
    2010.07.22 09:47:18 DHCP.SERVER Processing Discover Message (Xid = 297d25b8) on 10.1.1.0/255.255.255.0 from 00:26:BA:44:C3:5D
    2010.07.22 09:47:18 DHCP.SERVER Offering IP Address 10.1.1.45 to 00:26:BA:44:C3:5D
    2010.07.22 09:47:18 DHCP.SERVER Server sent an Offer to the client

    The Droid says "Connecting" then "Obtaining IP address..." then unsuccessful and repeats.

    The iwconfig command is not on board.

    I have rebooted several times.

    modprobe -r tiwlan_drv (and also rmmod of same) gives error that /lib/modules doesn't exist.

    Back to 4.2.

    E
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    gatewayad's Avatar
    Member #
    1144
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    521
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #2
    I would try wiping and cleaning cache a few time then reloading the rom.
    I up untill 4.4 could not hold a wifi connection either kept going in and out. I was on a Kang rom then went to 4.4 but wiped first (3 times) after installing 4.4 wifi has been working great and still is on 4.5, plus i have the blackglass theme. All is good I would try that since nothing else is working for you
    Thunderbolt

    Why Root? - Because I Can




  4. Banned
    gavron's Avatar
    Member #
    32757
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    555
    Phone
    VZW Moto Droid + N900 ;)
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by gatewayad View Post
    I would try wiping and cleaning cache a few time then reloading the rom.
    I up untill 4.4 could not hold a wifi connection either kept going in and out. I was on a Kang rom then went to 4.4 but wiped first (3 times) after installing 4.4 wifi has been working great and still is on 4.5, plus i have the blackglass theme. All is good I would try that since nothing else is working for you
    Despite not believing in voodoo, I did wipe DATA, CACHE, and SYSTEM three times.

    I did restore using rstapps. I can try not...

    E
  5. Developer
    ChevyNo1's Avatar
    Member #
    20299
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,355
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by gavron View Post
    SS4.5. "Obtaining IP address" is what I get. The DHCP server reports:
    2010.07.22 09:47:10 DHCP.SERVER Server sent an Offer to the client
    2010.07.22 09:47:18 DHCP.SERVER Processing Discover Message (Xid = 297d25b8) on 10.1.1.0/255.255.255.0 from 00:26:BA:44:C3:5D
    2010.07.22 09:47:18 DHCP.SERVER Offering IP Address 10.1.1.45 to 00:26:BA:44:C3:5D
    2010.07.22 09:47:18 DHCP.SERVER Server sent an Offer to the client

    The Droid says "Connecting" then "Obtaining IP address..." then unsuccessful and repeats.

    The iwconfig command is not on board.

    I have rebooted several times.

    modprobe -r tiwlan_drv (and also rmmod of same) gives error that /lib/modules doesn't exist.

    Back to 4.2.

    E
    Well I just checked the 4.5 zip - /system/lib/modules is DEFINITELY there, you should be able to run an ls command to verify

    Not sure why you are looking for iwconfig; it's never been included in my ROMS. Perhaps you mean ifconfig? That also should be present ...

    Here's output from my lsmod after connecting to my LAN:

    # lsmod
    lsmod
    tiwlan_drv 902988 0 - Live 0xbf02c000
    em_u32 711 0 - Live 0xbf029000
    sch_htb 12851 0 - Live 0xbf01f000
    cls_u32 5565 0 - Live 0xbf018000
    act_police 3658 0 - Live 0xbf012000
    sch_ingress 1422 0 - Live 0xbf00c000
    act_mirred 2478 0 - Live 0xbf006000
    ifb 2375 0 - Live 0xbf000000
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

    Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

    If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  6. Banned
    gavron's Avatar
    Member #
    32757
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    555
    Phone
    VZW Moto Droid + N900 ;)
    #5
    Sigh.

    FIXPD kills the wallpaper. Moral: use before rstapps -c.

    E
  7. Developer
    ChevyNo1's Avatar
    Member #
    20299
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,355
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gavron View Post
    Sigh.

    FIXPD kills the wallpaper. Moral: use before rstapps -c.

    E
    Yep - FIXPD is replacing an entire XML in the framework - just also happens to control the wallpaper
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

    Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

    If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  8. Banned
    gavron's Avatar
    Member #
    32757
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    555
    Phone
    VZW Moto Droid + N900 ;)
    #7
    Fresh reinstall after re-wipe. This time WiFi is working.

    rstapps -c hung halfway through. This happened before but I didn't mention it. I waited for a while... then ^C and did it again. The rest of the apps loaded.

    My shortcut to gallery said gallery was not installed. Removed shortcut. Re-created shortcut. Works fine.

    My shortcut to camera said camera was not installed. Removed shortcut. Re-created shortcut. Works fine...

    I have two questions regarding shell stuff:
    1. Is it ok to replace sh with the colorful bash? Are there scripts/functions that WANT it to be the regular sh to an extent where they will fail otherwise?

    2. Is it ok to replace toolbox with busybox? Same question as above...

    Thanks!

    E
  9. Developer
    ChevyNo1's Avatar
    Member #
    20299
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,355
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by gavron View Post
    Fresh reinstall after re-wipe. This time WiFi is working.

    rstapps -c hung halfway through. This happened before but I didn't mention it. I waited for a while... then ^C and did it again. The rest of the apps loaded.

    My shortcut to gallery said gallery was not installed. Removed shortcut. Re-created shortcut. Works fine.

    My shortcut to camera said camera was not installed. Removed shortcut. Re-created shortcut. Works fine...

    I have two questions regarding shell stuff:
    1. Is it ok to replace sh with the colorful bash? Are there scripts/functions that WANT it to be the regular sh to an extent where they will fail otherwise?

    2. Is it ok to replace toolbox with busybox? Same question as above...

    Thanks!

    E
    On the hanging - interesting, but glad you got it finished.

    As far as the shortcuts - yep, that was expected as the names of some of the apps have changed between leaked/source builds

    1. You can try - I BELIEVE I had tested these scripts some time back with bash, but it has been a while - there is a risk that some scripts might have issues - if you find some, let me know and I will fix them.

    2. While they are quite similar in some ways, they both I believe have different 'tools' built into them, at least to some degree. I would not replace, but supplement.
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

    Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

    If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  10. Master Droid
    Phreaker47's Avatar
    Member #
    58110
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    743
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #9
    I just discovered the app "WiFi static".

    Basically, I wanted to set my home wifi connection to a static IP to avoid the DHCP issues (OP you should try this). The catch is that for some ridiculous reason, even Froyo still has this implemented wrong... as a universal setting instead of per-connection, so of course once you set a static in one place it is likely going to fail to connect somewhere else.

    Enter "Wifi Static", which let's you create a config profile for each connection and switch between them automatically. Free app from the store. Works perfectly.

    The point of this is that you avoid having to have your phone make a DHCP request. I have encountered DHCP issues over WiFi many times before, and setting static IPs can increase connection reliability.
    Last edited by Phreaker47; 07-22-2010 at 04:27 PM.
  11. Droid
    Boofster's Avatar
    Member #
    70853
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    53
    Phone
    Droid
    #10
    Every since I remember (even stock) the wifi has just stopped responding after a random period of time, even if you set it to persist when off. I hope they fix this someday. I don't think it's related to SS in any way. Many others have reported the same thing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. USB will NOT stay connected!
    By dajakal in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 12:30 AM
  2. Bluetooth won't stay connected
    By kefler in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 11:36 PM
  3. Only get gmail when connected to wifi?
    By greg24fan in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2010, 09:42 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 11:45 AM
  5. When connected to wifi
    By greenchicken in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 01:25 PM

Search tags for this page

android wifi won't stay connected
,
android won't obtain ip address
,
android wont stay connected to wifi
,
droid optimus won't connect to wifi
,
droid wifi wont stay connected
,

droid wont stay connected to wifi

,

droid x won't stay connected to wifi

,

droid x wont stay connected to wifi

,
galaxy tab 10.1 won't connect to wifi
,
netgear wifi extender won't stay connected
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+