DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Still having redraw!!! Omg

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Still having redraw!!! Omg

running 4.5 since last night and wiped data. had 4.4 and had this redraw and lagging homescreens. sometimes ill be in an app or texting and returning to the screen its blank. the widgets i cud understand but nothing is showing up for a solid 2-3 minutes. the rom itself is fast but this is a problem.
    tried to see if it had anything to do with the auto screen rotation and orientation throwing the display off but...NO
    any information or anyone that had this problem let me know its annoying trying to move fast through the screens after apps.
    -sal

3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yourname1245 View Post
    running 4.5 since last night and wiped data. had 4.4 and had this redraw and lagging homescreens. sometimes ill be in an app or texting and returning to the screen its blank. the widgets i cud understand but nothing is showing up for a solid 2-3 minutes. the rom itself is fast but this is a problem.
    tried to see if it had anything to do with the auto screen rotation and orientation throwing the display off but...NO
    any information or anyone that had this problem let me know its annoying trying to move fast through the screens after apps.
    -sal
    download MinFree from the market and set it to aggresive.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Your title suggests you've had this problem for awhile? I don't know your history, but the first thing I would suspect is apps on the sdcard. And what launcher are you using? If you are using LauncherPro, does this problem occur with other launchers?
    Baton Rouge, LA
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    I've been having the same issue with redrawing. It isn't a huge problem...just annoying more than anything else.

I have MinFree and it is indeed set to aggressive. I can't really tell if it's helping or not. It certainly isn't making the redrawing problem any worse. I've resolved to the fact that I'll just deal with it and not lose sleep. In our world of near instant gratification I'd say that a few seconds of looking at the screen and wondering when it will update isn't the worst problem to agonize about. Just have to keep it in perspective in the grand scheme of things.

Now, time to go worry about something really important...how to get 5 more Quadrant points for benchmarking.

This is my phone. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my phone is useless. Without my phone I am useless.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I have had it since chevy 4.3 and 4.4 came out I'm gunna try to get that app and adjust...I'm feelin like it maybe the launcher at this point. I like the launcher beta way more options and
    speed settings r really clean.
    -sal
    Sent from my droid using Tapatalk
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    I've been doing some experimentation on this. I've managed to improve the redraw issue (on my phone at least) by doing the following:

Under Preferences, Dock Settings uncheck the "Enable Loop Scrolling".

I have only been using one dock but had the Loop Scrolling enabled. Had to change the number of docks to anything more than one as the Loop Scrolling checkbox was greyed out with only one dock selected. After you uncheck the Loop Scrolling checkbox you can go back to only one dock selected.

Just thought I'd pass that along. Hope it helps.

This is my phone. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my phone is useless. Without my phone I am useless.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Having the same problem, its driving me up the wall. Mainly after things like browser or facebook is when it happens to me

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Watch Full Length TV Shows, Movies, and Videos on your Android Phone!:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/54276-guide-full-streaming-tv-shows-movies-online-your-android-phone.html

-Liquid Gingerbread 2.2
    -ChevyNo1's 1.0GHZ Low Voltage
    -ADW EX
    -Opera Mini Browser
    -Highest Quadrant: 1350
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I did the min fix and ill do the looping, I feel like it maybe the chevyrom no disrespect. I had bugless beast and was not having issues and maybe its the fact that it being built from source. After 2.2 source came out its been reoccuring.

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid, SS4.4, 1G ULV
    I also have this "problem". I have the same experience with Launcher Pro, Launcher, and ADW Launcher. No change between them as far as redraw speed. My redraw usually takes any where between 10-20 seconds. I also keep changing Roms from SS to Sapphire. I can't decide witch I prefer. I love them both but both give me similar redraw issues. If I could only resolve that both Roms would be as close to perfect as I could possibly ask for.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted RazrMaxx
    I had this problem also and I'm on 4.3. What fixed it for me was deleting the task killer, reboot, and run minfree on the aggressive setting and set it to on boot. Re-boot and I have not had it happen once since I did this. And it was driving me crazy too and p#$$ing me off. I'm so happy with 4.3 I can't bring myself to upgrade.
    RazrMaxx
    Rooted
    ics 4.0.4
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links