DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Restore / Recovery mode broken

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid A855 & Bionic

Restore / Recovery mode broken

Ok, just switched over to 4.3 a few days ago...so I'm new to this rom, so pardon my ignorance if I've missed something.

I was going to update to the 4.4 and decided to boot my phone in recovery mode so I could do a backup. (From Rom Manager (Pro)).

My phone (droid A855) shut down, got the Moto M for 3 mins, then it went blank, got the Moto M and it started up... not in recovery mode, but back to 4.3.

Ok, I'll just download 4.4 and do an update... same thing... get the Moto M, 3 mins later (about), screen blanks, then it boots the phone up. No go.

So I decided to search the forums looking for suggestions... here's what I've tried:

1. Turn phone off, hold down X on physical keyboard, turn on phone, hold until recovery mode is up.... nope, will not work. If I'm patient enough, after about 10 mins, the phone reboots back to 4.3.

2. Changed ClockworkMod (2.0.1.3) over to Alternate Recover SPRecovery 0.99.3b... exact same problems... nothing works.

3. I've deleted most of my apps so I could move everything to phone, thinking maybe parts of the restore mode were on the SDCard... nope didn't work either.

Before I try my last idea (wipe phone to factory defaults)... anyone else have any other ideas?

Please help.

Tim
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    vzw s3
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrand68 View Post
    Ok, just switched over to 4.3 a few days ago...so I'm new to this rom, so pardon my ignorance if I've missed something.

I was going to update to the 4.4 and decided to boot my phone in recovery mode so I could do a backup. (From Rom Manager (Pro)).

My phone (droid A855) shut down, got the Moto M for 3 mins, then it went blank, got the Moto M and it started up... not in recovery mode, but back to 4.3.

Ok, I'll just download 4.4 and do an update... same thing... get the Moto M, 3 mins later (about), screen blanks, then it boots the phone up. No go.

So I decided to search the forums looking for suggestions... here's what I've tried:

1. Turn phone off, hold down X on physical keyboard, turn onju phone, hold until recovery mode is up.... nope, will not work. If I'm patient enough, after about 10 mins, the phone reboots back to 4.3.

2. Changed ClockworkMod (2.0.1.3) over to Alternate Recover SPRecovery 0.99.3bo... exact same problems... nothing works.

3. I've deleted most of my apps so I could move everything to phone, thinking maybe parts of the restore mode were on the SDCard... nope didn't work either.

Before I try my last idea (wipe phone to factory defaults)... anyone else have any other ideas?

Please help.

Tim

Flash a older version... 2. 0. 0. worms good for me
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid A855 & Bionic
    I'll give it a try.

Thanks.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid A855 & Bionic
    Ok...here's what happened.

I tried to flash an old recovery... got an error "Error flashing recovery"

Thought, crap, here we go again.

So I rebooted the phone, applied the FIX PERMISSIONS from the Rom Manager, rebooted, tried to flash a different old recover...got the same error.

I wanted to see what would happen if I tried to boot into recovery from the menu... what do you know... it worked ... so I restored a backup....

I'm going to go towel off before I try updating to 4.4....

Tim
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Bones_K
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad
    Koush told me that he lost the old versions of CM Recovery when switching to a new server. Said it was too much trouble to add them again. You'll just have to keep flashing SP Recovery and back again until it works. He said maybe try going into settings and check erase recovery when flashing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    vzw s3
    I have had to use the 2. 0. 2. 0 flash for the last week or so before anything would work properly
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    This is definitely related to CWR - I've had this issue myself a few times ... the suggestions everyone has given is all you can do ...
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal

Links