DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374

Thread: Froyo FRF91 SS v4.4 [7/9/2010] From SOURCE - All 4.3 Issues Fixed - Maps/Market, ALL!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    I get this error everytime i tried going on the link..... Chevy Please help>>>>

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@chevyno1.richstevenson.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.16 (CentOS) mod_ssl/2.2.16 0.9.8l DAV/2 mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at chevyno1.richstevenson.com Port 80
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Is there a reason you're using 4.4 instead of the most recent one? SS 4.7 - FASTER - More Statusbar Options - Music Controls ++
    Simply Stunning v4.7 @ 0.8GHz ULV
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tornado Rex View Post
    Is there a reason you're using 4.4 instead of the most recent one? SS 4.7 - FASTER - More Statusbar Options - Music Controls ++
    I thought that it had all the problems (market and other google apps) problems solved so I will go with this one... Nothing other than that!! What do you think will going for SS 4.7 - FASTER - More Statusbar Options - Music Controls ++ will be better and it will not have the issues I have with other Roms I have tried. like google maps etc not being able to update!!
    Thanks for you help!!!
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    Larry_ThaGr81
    Phone
    rooted Droid 1 & Thunderbolt
    That problem will exist with almost any ROM you use because ROM developers can't foresee what updates to applications like google maps will change. This is why developers offer support to show you how to delete the application from the ROM so that you can install a fresh copy of the updated version.

Some developers choose to remove troublesome applications and tell you to download it from the market, while other developers choose to leave these apps because they know that only a very small fraction of people will have issues with updates and it just isn't worth making thousands of users install apps that can already be included in the ROM.

The newer versions of any ROM aren't just design to add new features, but to fix bugs that exist in prior ROMs. So to answer your question, yes I think SS4.7 is the way to go and it will contain fixes that might exist in SS4.4 through SS4.6. I've had to update google maps twice and didn't have any problems doing so.
    Simply Stunning rooted OGD
    Sent from the Bolt powered by Thunder on
    SkyRaider Zeus
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Thanks a ton 'Larry_ThaGr81' and 'Tornado Rex', as per you guys suggestion I used SS4.7 and I shall say that I am loving it. it is pretty neat and i also changed the theme several times and all of them are nice!!!
    Larry I do have one question.... So if I go ahead and root the phone on FRG22D and them apply SS4.7, i will not have to update any application then it should not be a problem, Right!!! In my case I tried updating the maps and it did let me do it but it does not allow me to update 'Street view' and I think one of another app so I am thinking of going back to unrooted version go for the FRG22D and then root again to go back to a custom ROM.... Do you know if SS4.7 is FRG22D based or other built? it did not say that on here!!!
Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374

Links