DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: App2SD Problem running SS 4.3

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid - Kangerade 5.0.9

App2SD Problem running SS 4.3

Hey Guys,

I am having a major issue with App2SD in SS 4.3 When I first installed the ROM, it worked great and I even moved all of my apps to the SD using Manage Applications. However, today I noticed in the Market that updates were not installing successfully. They were downloading fine, but I was getting Installation unsuccessful. I ran 'a2sd off' and tried again and it didnt work, but I noticed I was able to install an apk that I had on my card. I then tried moving the app I had an update for back to the phone then applying the update, and it did the trick.

So therefore, my phone is not letting me install anything else to the SD card. Everything already on the SD card opens up and runs fine, but I can't install more stuff to it. I looked through the 4.3 thread but I only saw suggestions to turn it off and move on, but I really want to store apps in SD because when you run low on internal storage, it slows the phone down. I'd like to have lots and lots of apps without this happening, lol.

Any suggestions for a fix for this? Also, I never got a reply about Wireless tethering in 4.3, mine's not working, any fix suggestions for this? Lastly, my home screen is slow (when I come out of an app with the hmoe button). It would be blank for a little while then things would come back. Deleting widgets improved it from before, but what I just described still persists. Any ideas on quickening up the home screen?

Any help on any of these is greatly appreciated :-D.
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    It seems apps2sd ( which is managed by Froyo, NOT my ROM or scripts) is not 100%. Many people have described the same issues as you.

Wireless tethering WAS flakey for me in 4.3 as well; it is better in 4.4. I might have to try a couple of times, but I always get connected.

Home screen - 4.4 should improve this experience as well!

Thanks for your feedback it is greatly appreciated. 4.4 is in beta testing right now and I hope to release it within the next 1.5 days
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid - Kangerade 5.0.9
    Thanks for the reply Chevy, I like that you're really good with keeping up with user feedback and making improvements to your ROMs as needed. I see that 4.5 is already out and I am about to try that out. Thanks for all your hard work!

Links