DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Alarm Clock Enable (SS 4.3)

  1. Junior Droid
    sixpackcuda's Avatar
    Member #
    84511
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    18
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #1

    Question Alarm Clock Enable (SS 4.3)

    Just installed 4.3 and I'm not sure what I've done, but..

    I prefer to use the default alarm clock; so I went to the terminal emulator to enable it using "mvac" and I get this:

    Code:
    Enabling Alarm Clock ...
    Error: Can't Enable Alarm Clock ... you must have deleted it!
    All I've done is install the ss rom, then the patch, then I ran "rstapps -c" and apparently somewhere in there, the alarm clock got deleted

    Is there anything I can do about this?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    Coolsaber57's Avatar
    Member #
    24726
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    347
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by sixpackcuda View Post
    Just installed 4.3 and I'm not sure what I've done, but..

    I prefer to use the default alarm clock; so I went to the terminal emulator to enable it using "mvac" and I get this:

    Code:
    Enabling Alarm Clock ...
    Error: Can't Enable Alarm Clock ... you must have deleted it!
    All I've done is install the ss rom, then the patch, then I ran "rstapps -c" and apparently somewhere in there, the alarm clock got deleted

    Is there anything I can do about this?
    Have you tried going through the "clock" app and set alarms?
  4. Developer
    ChevyNo1's Avatar
    Member #
    20299
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,355
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #3
    This was mistakenly left out - and I actually didn't think anyone used it anymore! Here it is and I will re-include in the next version:

    http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/fr...AlarmClock.apk

    Push this to /system/app
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

    Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

    If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  5. Droid
    Uglymouse's Avatar
    Member #
    38037
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    45
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    This was mistakenly left out - and I actually didn't think anyone used it anymore! Here it is and I will re-include in the next version:

    http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/fr...AlarmClock.apk

    Push this to /system/app

    How do I push this to /system/app. It is a zip file. Do I change it to update.zip and run it like I do any other update.zip?
  6. Developer
    ChevyNo1's Avatar
    Member #
    20299
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,355
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglymouse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    This was mistakenly left out - and I actually didn't think anyone used it anymore! Here it is and I will re-include in the next version:

    http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/fr...AlarmClock.apk

    Push this to /system/app

    How do I push this to /system/app. It is a zip file. Do I change it to update.zip and run it like I do any other update.zip?
    Are you downloading from your phone? Cause the file on my server is an apk ... you can not run this as an update.zip. If it downloads as zip, rename it to apk, and then using some sort of file explorer, push to /system/app. Or if downloaded to your PC, use 'adb push AlarmClock.apk /system/app'
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

    Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

    If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  7. Droid
    Uglymouse's Avatar
    Member #
    38037
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    45
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglymouse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    This was mistakenly left out - and I actually didn't think anyone used it anymore! Here it is and I will re-include in the next version:

    http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/fr...AlarmClock.apk

    Push this to /system/app

    How do I push this to /system/app. It is a zip file. Do I change it to update.zip and run it like I do any other update.zip?
    Are you downloading from your phone? Cause the file on my server is an apk ... you can not run this as an update.zip. If it downloads as zip, rename it to apk, and then using some sort of file explorer, push to /system/app. Or if downloaded to your PC, use 'adb push AlarmClock.apk /system/app'

    Thanks! You Rock!
  8. Junior Droid
    sixpackcuda's Avatar
    Member #
    84511
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    18
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    This was mistakenly left out - and I actually didn't think anyone used it anymore! Here it is and I will re-include in the next version:

    http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/fr...AlarmClock.apk

    Push this to /system/app
    Thank you! Hah, yeah, well you're probably not wrong in thinking that no one uses this anymore. I'm probably one of the last few that do.
  9. Junior Droid
    sixpackcuda's Avatar
    Member #
    84511
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    18
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #8
    Alright, I'm kind of a bonehead when it comes to this stuff..

    Is it possible to use the terminal emulator to push this? When I try that, I get "push: not found"

    I also tried using the Linda File Manager to try and copy the apk file to system/app but it says that that folder is read only.

    So I gave it a shot, but not sure what to do at this point.
  10. Developer
    ChevyNo1's Avatar
    Member #
    20299
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,355
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sixpackcuda View Post
    Alright, I'm kind of a bonehead when it comes to this stuff..

    Is it possible to use the terminal emulator to push this? When I try that, I get "push: not found"

    I also tried using the Linda File Manager to try and copy the apk file to system/app but it says that that folder is read only.

    So I gave it a shot, but not sure what to do at this point.
    'push' is to be used with adb; which is a DIFFERENT interface to a shell ... if you are already in a term emulator, you need to have already 'pushed' the apk to somewhere on your phone, ie /sdcard

    To copy to /system/app, you need to make it readable. So, in your term emulator, type sysrw, and return. Then go back to Linda and see if it will let you copy.
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

    Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

    If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  11. Beta Team
    dr0idg0d23's Avatar
    Member #
    46085
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    296
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    @dr0idg0d23
    Phone
    Droid Bionic & Galaxy Nexus
    #10
    Being that within the .zip file its in .apk format, can you not download it from browser in phone and then using androzip, extract the .apk file then select it and install.
    DROID BIONIC
    droidth3ory's KIN3XT v1.0
    GALAXY NEXUS
    droidth3ory's AXIOM v2.3
    NEED HELP???
    email droidgod23@gmail.com
    Twitter: @dr0idg0d23


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Alarm clock apk?
    By stangdroid in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 10:02 AM
  2. Alarm Clock
    By brando56894 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 11:04 AM
  3. Better alarm clock?
    By OpalCat in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 11:41 AM
  4. Alarm Clock
    By orangepeel in forum Android Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 04:55 PM
  5. Alarm Clock
    By Sylent in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 08:35 PM

Search tags for this page

android clock error
,
droid enable alarm
,

enable alarm clock on droid

,

how do you enable the alarm clock on the droid?

,
how to activate alarm on android
,
how to activate alarm on droid
,
how to activate alarm on my motorola verizon android phone
,
how to activate the alarm application on a droid
,
how to active an alarm in android
,

how to enable alarm on android

,
what is information enabless
,

where is alarm clock on fascinate

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+