DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bkapps.zip install, how?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

bkapps.zip install, how?

Hi all, read the directions pretty thoroughly and I see that there's an option to install the bkapps script before flashing SS for the first time in order to preserve apps, home screens, etc. But I can't for the life of me find the directions for doing that! I have the bkapps.zip downloaded...am I installing it like an update.zip? Or is there some other way?

Thanks for the help.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by skyyaa View Post
    Hi all, read the directions pretty thoroughly and I see that there's an option to install the bkapps script before flashing SS for the first time in order to preserve apps, home screens, etc. But I can't for the life of me find the directions for doing that! I have the bkapps.zip downloaded...am I installing it like an update.zip? Or is there some other way?

Thanks for the help.

I am wondering the same thing
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    Yes. Download bkapps.zip, rename to update.zip, and copy to the root of your sdcard. Reboot into recovery, select Install, allow install, then install update. <- Not the exact wording but you'll see it. Once it's done, reboot, open a terminal program and type:
    su
    bkapps -c

Give it time to finish....

Now you can wipe and flash SS, then run rstapps -c to restore all of your apps.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by RichStevenson View Post
    Yes. Download bkapps.zip, rename to update.zip, and copy to the root of your sdcard. Reboot into recovery, select Install, allow install, then install update. <- Not the exact wording but you'll see it. Once it's done, reboot, open a terminal program and type:
    su
    bkapps -c

Give it time to finish....

Now you can wipe and flash SS, then run rstapps -c to restore all of your apps.
    thanks......DUH, I should have known that. Sorry!! Works perfect now!!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I cant get ROM manager to install this. I cant get my phone to boot into recovery either. Wont do it from ROM manager, and I cant get it it to do it manually. Damn thing
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Can someone please help me. I am running Kangerade 1.1. I downloaded bkapp.zip on phone. Renamed it to update.zip. Moved to /sdcard/. Restarted phone and booted into recovery. Selected the instal from update.zip option. Shows it installed correctly. Booted back up, went into terminal. Typed
    su
    /#bkapp -c
    And got the following error:SH:bkapp:not found

I did delete the update file before running this command but didnt think i needed that after being installed.

Also, first time booting into clockwork recovery. I know in SPrecovery you had to select the option allow install from zip then install. I didnt see that in clockwork. I simply selected install.

Any help is appreciated.
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cnmsales View Post
    Can someone please help me. I am running Kangerade 1.1. I downloaded bkapp.zip on phone. Renamed it to update.zip. Moved to /sdcard/. Restarted phone and booted into recovery. Selected the instal from update.zip option. Shows it installed correctly. Booted back up, went into terminal. Typed
    su
    /#bkapp -c
    And got the following error:SH:bkapp:not found

I did delete the update file before running this command but didnt think i needed that after being installed.

Also, first time booting into clockwork recovery. I know in SPrecovery you had to select the option allow install from zip then install. I didnt see that in clockwork. I simply selected install.

Any help is appreciated.
    This one is easy: it is bkapps
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Chevy yeah sry typo. I did do bkapps -c and it gives me the error bkapps: applet not found
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cnmsales View Post
    Chevy yeah sry typo. I did do bkapps -c and it gives me the error bkapps: applet not found
    OK - run this:

ls -l `which bkapps`

then:

echo $PATH
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    ok. After typing in ls -l it gave my a large directory.

I then typed in echo $PATH and it shows: /data/local/bin:/sbin:/system/sbin:/system/bin:/system/xbin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links