DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Weird issue since flashing SS 4.1

  1. Droid
    thundercats's Avatar
    Member #
    3408
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    68
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Weird issue since flashing SS 4.1

    I've been experiencing a weird issue since going from SS 4.0 to SS 4.1. I seem to lose the use of my 'home' button after I enable & disable USB file transfer. I hook my phone up via the USB cable and then enable USB transfer. I then transfer my .apk file on my phone and turn off USB file transfer. Once I do this, my home button no longer does anything. I do get the haptic feedback, however, it doesn't do anything. All of the other buttons work just fine though, and the only way I've been able to solve my problem is to reboot the phone. Any suggestions?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    NattyBee's Avatar
    Member #
    75757
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    999
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @NatttyBee
    Phone
    Dev Razr HD, Dev Razr M
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by thundercats View Post
    I've been experiencing a weird issue since going from SS 4.0 to SS 4.1. I seem to lose the use of my 'home' button after I enable & disable USB file transfer. I hook my phone up via the USB cable and then enable USB transfer. I then transfer my .apk file on my phone and turn off USB file transfer. Once I do this, my home button no longer does anything. I do get the haptic feedback, however, it doesn't do anything. All of the other buttons work just fine though, and the only way I've been able to solve my problem is to reboot the phone. Any suggestions?
    You know, I noticed myself that after doing anything at all involving file transfers on my sd card, my phone kinda freezes for a little bit, but initiallly seems like it's just the home key...I say after you do your file transfer, let Droid sit and do it's thing for a few min and it should be back to normal...at least that's what mine does...of course mine does that everytime I reboot too....
  4. Master Droid
    NattyBee's Avatar
    Member #
    75757
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    999
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @NatttyBee
    Phone
    Dev Razr HD, Dev Razr M
    #3
    Oh, just an added note: SS4.1 is the only Froyo rom that doesn't constantly freeze for me...I've been running it since Friday afternoon without any trouble, other than the above mentioned...
  5. Theme Developer
    carlz28's Avatar
    Member #
    42280
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    820
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID X
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #4
    I'm curious as to which launcher you are using. I've noticed something similar in Launcher Pro, but I'm not running SS. I'm on Team Chaos FroYo ROM.
    I haven't transferred any files to the sd card in quite some time, but if I try hitting the home button (especially if running a fullscreen app) it is completely non-responsive. Well, I get the haptic feedback, but it dosn't go to the home screen. If I hit the back button, I exit out, but with the home button, it just sits there. Multiple hits and still nothing.
    The problem is, is that it does this randomly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just sits there
    That's why I'm curious to know which launcher you're using. Is it a SS problem? A launcher problem, or FroYo problem?
    My name "IS" carl-- z28 is just what I drive.
    But I respond to anything....call me Tom, Richard or Harry.
  6. Master Droid
    NattyBee's Avatar
    Member #
    75757
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    999
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @NatttyBee
    Phone
    Dev Razr HD, Dev Razr M
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by carlz28 View Post
    I'm curious as to which launcher you are using. I've noticed something similar in Launcher Pro, but I'm not running SS. I'm on Team Chaos FroYo ROM.
    I haven't transferred any files to the sd card in quite some time, but if I try hitting the home button (especially if running a fullscreen app) it is completely non-responsive. Well, I get the haptic feedback, but it dosn't go to the home screen. If I hit the back button, I exit out, but with the home button, it just sits there. Multiple hits and still nothing.
    The problem is, is that it does this randomly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just sits there
    That's why I'm curious to know which launcher you're using. Is it a SS problem? A launcher problem, or FroYo problem?
    I think it's a Froyo issue...I bet once the official froyo comes out, many of these issues will go away...
  7. Master Droid
    Aixelsyd's Avatar
    Member #
    9397
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    487
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #6
    personally as far as it being a Froyo issue I don't think so myself. there seems to be more of lag issues with any of these custom ROMs which IMO cause a lot of these little issue we are hearing people talk about. Reason I say this is I was lucky enough to have my spare Droid flashed with an SBF file by a Moto guy I know and there is no lag at all with it running at the stock speed of 800Mhz.

    One thing I have noticed tho on the the lag after transfering via USB mode is because the device need to refresh from what I've seen so far. Reason I say this is because Froyo allows apps to be on the sdcard when you use USB mode all those apps will not work until you are out of USB mode. I noticed this when I first tried Froyo and had Astro on the sdcard. While using USB mode to transfer a few things over I pressed the app drawer key and Astro was not listed anymore. I got done with transferring and exited USB mode and it was still not there but about 15-20secs later it showed up. So I think once you exit it takes a couple of second for everything to come back to normal.
  8. Droid
    Fulle's Avatar
    Member #
    77648
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    66
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #7
    If ya' have crap installed to the SD card, and then yank that out from under the launcher by mounting the SD card to your computer, what do you expect to happen?

    Take a moment and think to yourself "why am I installing crap to the SD Card?". Alright, give it a few minutes. That's right, you don't have a reason. Stop doing it!
    Simply Stunning v4.3
    Chevy's 1.2GHz ULV Kernel
  9. Droid
    thundercats's Avatar
    Member #
    3408
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    68
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulle View Post
    If ya' have crap installed to the SD card, and then yank that out from under the launcher by mounting the SD card to your computer, what do you expect to happen?

    Take a moment and think to yourself "why am I installing crap to the SD Card?". Alright, give it a few minutes. That's right, you don't have a reason. Stop doing it!
    wtf are you talking about? In order to flash anything via the recovery console (without ROM Manager) you need to move the files manually to the SD card.. As far as actual apps themselves go, I don't use Apps2SD.
  10. Senior Droid
    MrC1122's Avatar
    Member #
    72380
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    165
    Phone
    Razr Max
    #9
    let's be nice guys =}, i could be wrong, but i think this is a 2.2 issue. while it's true that there is a slight lag sometimes, i still had it even being stock with just a theme and no rom...didn't have that with 2.1 themed or rom.
    Last edited by MrC1122; 06-23-2010 at 01:04 AM.
    When life kicks you in the a$$...don't get mad, get even!...kick it back!

    D1 SS-GBv5.5-1.25ulv
    D3 Rooted

    Razr Maxx-stock JB

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Handcent Pop-Up weird issue
    By stragabenz in forum ChevyNo1
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 07:48 PM
  2. weird Rom manager issue
    By OneTenderRebel in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 12:47 PM
  3. I think this is a new one, weird e mail issue
    By nagchampa in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 10:51 AM
  4. Weird music issue
    By LT* in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 05:48 PM
  5. weird issue lately
    By captclueless in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 09:23 AM

Search tags for this page

dark slide haptic feedback
,
disable haptic feedback "droid x" launcher pro
,
droid file transfers stop if i go to home
,
droid home key flashes
,

flashing home keys

,
usb transfer
,
when i press home button on my droid it doesn't work phone f
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+