DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Considering switching from BB, wanting a stable Froyo rom.. couple questions

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Considering switching from BB, wanting a stable Froyo rom.. couple questions

I loved BBv1.x, but I'm disappointed with pete's froyo roms thus far. To his credit, he did make sure to point out in advance that they were experimental and not totally stable. I'm looking for a stable Froyo rom now though, so I'm considering switching.

1) is this rom stable?
    2) are there some decent looking themes? I'm in love with smoked glass, default theme is so ugly to me
    3) anything special I need to know before switching?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic for me Droid X2 for her
    SS 4.1 is totally stable for me. The theme is based on the old Smoked Glass from AdamZ but I have found that the 928 theme is elegantly amazing in its simplicity and level of detail. This is what I run and it is fast and smooth with no problem over laying the SS theme.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Velocity, I'm in the same boat as you... I love BB and all of Pete's work, but the latest releases aren't that stable and require a lot of patience to really love. I'm on the bubble to giving BB up and switching to SS or Jrummy's froyo rom
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    I'm running team chaos 2.2 rom with the red rum theme...and I'm going on my 4th day without any crashes, reboots, lag, force closes...it may lack a couple features but is the most stable rom..I'm also running chevys 1.1kernel
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    ultimatedroid froyo extreme is stable for me it has 4 themes to pick from on the site also blackdroidmod
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I say go for it, make the switch. I loved petes previous ROMS and just dove into froyo blindly, since it was his work. I am aware that they are experimental, but I got sick of the random shutdowns. This morning I switched to SS for the first time, and I have been stable all day. Will probably go back to a stable BB, once source is out and pete declares them stable, but for now I'm loving SS
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by velocity92c View Post
    I loved BBv1.x, but I'm disappointed with pete's froyo roms thus far. To his credit, he did make sure to point out in advance that they were experimental and not totally stable. I'm looking for a stable Froyo rom now though, so I'm considering switching.

1) is this rom stable?
    2) are there some decent looking themes? I'm in love with smoked glass, default theme is so ugly to me
    3) anything special I need to know before switching?

Thanks in advance.
    1) Yes. Also, most issues seem to be from not wiping or from the kernel (Chevy's kernels are awesome - especially the ULV ones - but some may even need a MV one. 4.1 comes with LV 1GHz.

2) I for one love the Smoked Blue theme style of SS ROMs.

3) You may have issues with Maps - an update.zip to fix is posted in the 4.1 thread.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Well I made the switch. So far not very impressed. The main reason I wanted froyo was the performance increase. I ran quadrant standard immediately after installing and got an 879. I was getting 1100+ on BB1.1 and that's a 2.1 rom. I got over 1700 on BB0.1 (froyo rom). Am I missing something here? Flash so far is a major letdown as well. Most videos are unwatchable. This blue on black theme is terrible as well.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by velocity92c View Post
    Well I made the switch. So far not very impressed. The main reason I wanted froyo was the performance increase. I ran quadrant standard immediately after installing and got an 879. I was getting 1100+ on BB1.1 and that's a 2.1 rom. I got over 1700 on BB0.1 (froyo rom). Am I missing something here? Flash so far is a major letdown as well. Most videos are unwatchable. This blue on black theme is terrible as well.
    Give it a little time and try again? The Quadrant is quite low so I'd guess it's not OCed much or everything's still syncing. I just ran Quadrant with the ULV 1GHz to check and got 1233.

Flash is... flash.

I love the theme, so can't help you there, though I think I've read others are using other themes? Chevy usually has a stock theme but he didn't with 4.1 - he must have been busy.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Yeah I expected flash to be terrible, not the rom developers fault. However, any idea why the performance is so bad? Even the 1233 you got was barely higher than my previous 2.1 roms score.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links