DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: thinking about switching to chevy.

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

thinking about switching to chevy.

So does it have the option to leave the led notification light on while the screen is on and does it have the modified mms.apk? And another thing how would I be able to switch to this rom? Through update.zip or through rom manager?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerIphonePreuser View Post
    So does it have the option to leave the led notification light on while the screen is on and does it have the modified mms.apk? And another thing how would I be able to switch to this rom? Through update.zip or through rom manager?
    Truthfully, I just switched back to SS so not sure about the LED's and Mms.apk, but you can download successfully through Rom manager.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @NatttyBee
    Phone
    Dev Razr HD, Dev Razr M
    I just installed the SS 4.1 this morning, so I don't have all your answers, but I can say I switched from BBV0.2 (was eating battery like CRAZY) and I certainly really like Simply Stunning 4.1...

go to the post for it and he's got everything you need to do to make the switch...including backup plan in case you're not positive...

if you're on a 2.1 rom still, you'll want to wipe first...if you're using SPRecovery, you'll want to rename the file to update.zip and place on SD card...allow update.zip...install update.zip (deprecated)

Hope this helps...

5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by JMTownsend83 View Post
    I just installed the SS 4.1 this morning, so I don't have all your answers, but I can say I switched from BBV0.2 (was eating battery like CRAZY) and I certainly really like Simply Stunning 4.1...

go to the post for it and he's got everything you need to do to make the switch...including backup plan in case you're not positive...

if you're on a 2.1 rom still, you'll want to wipe first...if you're using SPRecovery, you'll want to rename the file to update.zip and place on SD card...allow update.zip...install update.zip (deprecated)

Hope this helps...
    Hey I'm actually BB V 0.2 and want to change.How did you make the transition? On Rom manager or through clockwork? I dont have sprecovery, i would gladly appreciate if you help me through this.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Hope this helps...
    Hey I'm actually BB V 0.2 and want to change.How did you make the transition? On Rom manager or through clockwork? I dont have sprecovery, i would gladly appreciate if you help me through this.
    Easiest way is to go through Rom Manager , just make sure you select wipe data when done downloading and ready to install.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @NatttyBee
    Phone
    Dev Razr HD, Dev Razr M

Hope this helps...
    Hey, i think Chev says in the SS 4.1 that coming from most other frf57 builds you don't have to wipe...I just downloaded the file, renames to update.zip and used sprecovery...I don't like rom manager or clockwork, but that's personal preference...anyway, I did not wipe, and I have had no issues.

Just look at the section of SS 4.1 OP called "to wipe or not to wipe".

Links