UPDATE: 6/9/2010 - I have updated the link so that the kernels you download will not have the camera issue a few had initially ...
OK - first off, these will work with any ROM (EXCEPT froyo), any recovery. They are in the 'anyupate' format, which means in SPR after rebooting into recovery, you 'install update' (remember to allow). Not sure about CW as I've never used it.
These are TEST KERNELS. This means that they may not work for you. This means you may get stuck on the 'M', it may boot but then crash, or at may run for a while and then crash.
My basis for testing these kernels - whether RoboDefense can run in hyper mode for a few screens. Since this is on my phone, you also might run just fine - BUT it may not. These are the ragged edge of running on my setup.
If you get this problem - revert to your previous kernel. In addition, I would like the following notes:
1) Which kernel were you running
2) Which slot/speed were you running
3) If you have cpu temps, those would help
4) What were you doing, ie. playing a heavy game like RoboDefense?
5) Is it repeatable?
About the only difference between my regular kernels is two things:
1) TUN is compiled into the kernel; only CIFS remains as external
2) If these kernels work for you, they SHOULD run cooler.
Since they should run cooler, I also would like stats you have on temps, both before and after.
ChevyNo1 - testkernels - the ULV ones