DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/20/10 - Simply Stunning v3.2 ROM - Titanium Backup/New Icons/10% Battery Increments

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by meishkov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aixelsyd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BKS View Post
    I've read this whole thread and feel like I'm back in the 1st grade learning to read & write again. I'm into Home Theater systems, but when it comes to this kind of jargon...it goes straight over my head.

Chevy's ROM looks and sounds like the cats pajamas, but I am stull clueless on what I need to do to obtain it. LOL
    My Droid is only 2 weeks old and I've only added 3 apps to it. Do I need to "wipe" the whole thing before I use this ROM?
    First thing you need to do is have it rooted and have SPRecovery installed on it long before you can even put a custom ROM on it. So if you have not gotten your Droid rooted then you need to look into that and getting SPRecvoery installed. then proceed forward with a custom ROM.
    I'd say use DroidMod to root your phone and to flash SPrecovery onto it. I say use that because it's as easy and automated of a process as your going to find.
    Only thing tho is to go that route you'd need to be on the older firmware ( ie 2.0.1). I do not believe that process will work on a phone that has been updated OTA by VZW with the 2.1 release.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    xhaxol
    Phone
    G Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VitsDroid View Post
    just switched to you're SS3.2 and really like it. I used BB1 before. I was wondering if there is a way to delete the stock browser and stock mms. I tried mvbrowser -d and mvmms -d and it didnt work, i realize that you dont have those listed but is there a way to add that? some way i can do it myself. How about the block ads, I really liked that also, kept my sanity from accidentally clicking an ad in an app.

I am using launcher pro and really think its the creme of the crop for launchers, the only thing is that the browser button goes to the stock browser and not xscope. Anyhow thanks for all your hard work.

Thanks
    For now, you can get into a terminal and enter:

sysrw
    rm /system/app/Browser.apk /system/app/Mms.apk
    sysro

I will include scripts in 3.3 to do what you have asked however!
    Thanks, worked perfectly. Have fun with 3.3
    joined AA (android anonymous). Turns out the program feeds my addiction rather than squelch it. I dont mind though
    OG Droid, Droid 2, Droid X, Droid Incredible, HTC Thunderbolt, and Now The Android Phone, The Galaxy Nexus
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

su
    mount system using Chevy's script ( ie sysrw)
    cp /sdcard/vending.apk /system/app/Vending.apk
    remount as read only ( ie sysro)
    exit "
    This worked great to install 1713 but it still FC's every time.

Can't install or update anything.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I just uninstalled updates on the market app via the OS Application Manager and then Market started working again for me (previously FC'd when installing anything). Everything else is working great so far, but I'm coming from SS3.1 and didn't wipe anything.
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boofster View Post
    RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

su
    mount system using Chevy's script ( ie sysrw)
    cp /sdcard/vending.apk /system/app/Vending.apk
    remount as read only ( ie sysro)
    exit "
    This worked great to install 1713 but it still FC's every time.

Can't install or update anything.
    If you did not uninstall via Settings -> Manage apps ... it will continue to FC. Once you uninstall updates, it SHOULD work
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    After I installed the LowV-7slot Kernal, when I go to Settings / About Phone, it says my Firmware Version is 2.1 (EES 53) and my Build Number is Smoked Glass v6.0. I had Smoked Glass v6 ROM before, and did a factory reset just like the SS instructions said to do. Anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong?
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrToaster View Post
    After I installed the LowV-7slot Kernal, when I go to Settings / About Phone, it says my Firmware Version is 2.1 (EES 53) and my Build Number is Smoked Glass v6.0. I had Smoked Glass v6 ROM before, and did a factory reset just like the SS instructions said to do. Anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong?
    Installing just the kernel, you will not see any changes - if you are trying to install the entire ROM, you need to install the full update.zip - let me know
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Okay I did the full update and everything is as it should be, thanks
    How would I go about installing DarkEdge with with SS?
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Sometimes when I open helixlauncher2 when i have the keyboard open the font gets messed up on all the apps, they are all right aligned and scrunched / cut off. After I close the keyboard and open it again, it is still that way until I reboot. I haven ever used HL2 before this so I don't know if this is common stuff= |

I also had issues with receiving MMS I tried the check the stock message app's notification and unchecked it and that didn't work. Currently trying the mms.apk file and seeing how that works.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Yo Chevy, any updates on those keyboard issues I mentioned to you earlier?? No rush... just wondering if you haven't forgotten about it.

Anybody else, happen to notice that when you click on messaging it'll pop up, but right away it'll display all the contact's phone #s then after a few seconds it'll switch to their names...
    I came from SS 3.1 and I just wiped multiple times then installed 3.2 so I don't think it could be something with that.
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Links