DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3.2 Requests

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID

3.2 Requests

I post this without knowing what Chevy is working on (if anything) for 3.2...

3.1 is a ridiculously solid release so I think any added features would just be icing on the cake.

Two things I think would add to it's appeal:
    -An updated battery icon that changes every 10% (I really like the circular one that is included in other ROMS)
    -When accessing the keypad when you're already in a call I think it could really use a makeover appearance wise. I LOVE the look of the regular dialer but something about the in-call keypad interferes with my ADD

Chevy,
    Thanks again for all that you do.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    I second the 10% battery suggestion... I like the current look of the battery tho...

I thought I read somewhere it only reports in 20% increments but that may be wrong...
    I have temporarily switched to using the DE Blue theme but I'm pretty sure I'm going back to my SS 3.1 backup today... I have found it to be pretty laggy compared to SS 3.1 There are some nice features but its not Simply Stunning
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by nagmier View Post
    I second the 10% battery suggestion... I like the current look of the battery tho...

I thought I read somewhere it only reports in 20% increments but that may be wrong...
    I have temporarily switched to using the DE Blue theme but I'm pretty sure I'm going back to my SS 3.1 backup today... I have found it to be pretty laggy compared to SS 3.1 There are some nice features but its not Simply Stunning
    The battery reports @ 10% increments (you can check via SetCPU or the lock screen when you're charging) so hopefully that's something that can be done.

What I like about Simply Stunning is that it looks and works great straight out of the box.

Until they get a stable Incredible ROM ported to the DROID I'll stick with SS.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Yea I'm using the green circular battery icon, tried using the blue circular battery and it was lagging on my system for some reason, had to do a restore.
    I love the way the dialer looks compared to the stock one. I'd say leave the dialer alone.
    One thing I saw somewhere was on the lockscreen, it just has the 2 buttons, and not the outline around the buttons. The 2 buttons on the lockscreen, the unlock and mute is what I'm talking about. Maybe it's something you could put a vote on for. Besides that I can't really think of anything that needs much improvement.

Oh yea for some reason I can't get the Market icon to turn blue. Ever since Metamorph started using those new .xml files I can't get it. I converted the .thm from the high res blue theme to .xml using the themecontrol convertor and it says it's applying it to Vending.apk, but it never changes. Even reboots don't change it. Anybody know what's up with this?

EDIT: Just remembered, couldn't get the AudioManager widget themed to blue like some other people could. Not sure if Chevy would want this or not. But yea I think one nice thing would be the battery in 10% increments. NICE
    Last edited by meishkov; 05-16-2010 at 10:50 AM.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    I am pretty sure its already on the list buuuuut...

Apps2SD support would be REALLY nice I have about 100Mb free still but I would like that number alot higher especially since I plan on getting a 32Gb card soon after they are widely available
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'd love to see something like Pete's "pete" file that runs scripts on boot. I don't care about (and deleted) all the lines regarding overclocking in favor of SetCPU because I want SetCPU for profiles anyway, but the memory management and ability to kill off apps that run on startup are nice touches.

It would also be great to see the free version of Titanium Backup bundled into the ROM. >His site< says it's integrated into the MoDaCo ROMs so I bet he'd be fine with it if Chevy asks.

Also, I haven't used it myself, but the >Cytown phone mod< sounds very appealing.

Lastly, I hope Chevy is planning on dropping the 125MHz slot from the kernels after the poll showed that the large majority do not use it.

Looking forward to the next SS regardless.
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Hey everyone - 10% (and even 5% below 20% readings) is part of 3.2. Also battery icons have been changed - my own this time, hoping everyone finds them a bit more pleasing. Also, haptic feedback strength is now back to 'normal' (lessened). More scripts to hide/delete unwanted apps are also present ... hmmm what else.

No APPS2SD yet - just got back from vacation and no time to even think about that one yet. However based on what I've read, there's no point in trying to use it unless at least a class 6 card is used, and also are people really running out of space in /data??

As far as Titanium - definitely will ask, but anyone know how to get in touch with the dev? No contact details on that link, that I could see.

Kernel - 125 slot is GONE! CIFS and TUN will be supplied as external modules.

Scripts - so is Pete's just a modifiable text file that specifies other scripts to run at boot? Have not seen it myself ...
    Last edited by ChevyNo1; 05-18-2010 at 05:01 PM.
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    Hey everyone - 10% (and even 5% below 20% readings) is part of 3.2. Also battery icons have been changed - my own this time, hoping everyone finds them a bit more pleasing. Also, haptic feedback strength is now back to 'normal' (lessened). More scripts to hide/delete unwanted apps are also present ... hmmm what else.

No APPS2SD yet - just got back from vacation and no time to even think about that one yet. However based on what I've read, there's no point in trying to use it unless at least a class 6 card is used, and also are people really running out of space in /data??

As far as Titanium - definitely will ask, but anyone know how to get in touch with the dev? No contact details on that link, that I could see.

Scripts - so is Pete's just a modifiable text file that specifies other scripts to run at boot? Have not seen it myself ...
    Any ETA on the 3.2 release?
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingrocker17 View Post

Should be by tomorrow - then I can concentrate on getting this into Rom Manager
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingrocker17 View Post

Should be by tomorrow - then I can concentrate on getting this into Rom Manager
    Great and thanks for the quick response. Good to see you're finally going to be on Rom Manager because you were like the only big rom maker missing.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links