DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35

Thread: [ESE81 Built From Source] - Simply Stunning v3.0 - 2.1 ROM [4/3/2010]

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by carlz28 View Post
    Is it just me? Just out of common practice, I went ahead and dialed *228 to re-program my phone and update the roaming capabilities. Previously, the dialpad would be showing on the screen as to let me press "1" or "2" when the lady on the phone prompted. Now all I have is the text up top telling me to wait until programming is complete or something of that nature and the speakerphone button on the bottom.
    Fortunately I have the physical keyboard to use, but just curious if anyone else has come across this bug/lack of feature.
    I know for a fact it was there in previous versions and other devs ROMs.
    I just nandroided about 5 or 6 backups and the dialpad was there.

Any ideas/fixes?
    Near as I can tell it is an issue with all ROM built from source code. Koush's had the same thing the last time I used his. Not sure if it corrected or not tho on his end. that said don't think it is abnormal at this point because many of us are seeing it.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    I'm getting some pretty hot temps while using navigation and the Seidio car dock to charge the phone. My CPU was hitting 51C/123F. I'm using the 7-slot 1.0GHZ kernel and my profile is set to 125 min, 550 max while charging. What are other peoples results while navigating and charging simultaneously? Thanks.

edit: I'll give the 5-slot kernel a shot at lunch and see if that's any better but I really like the 700MHZ slot on the 7-slot. That's what I've been setting my max to.
    Last edited by JayCizzo; 04-09-2010 at 06:34 AM.
    Jason

"My experience has taught me that a man who has no vices has damned few virtues." -Abraham Lincoln-
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr M retail

Talking

Chevy,

I gotta give you mad props for this. If this is the first from scratch ROM then you have really nailed it. I've had a few fc and broken apps with SS prior to this release but nothing major. 3.0 is now running with your medium voltage 1.1GHz kernal and zero errors, fc, or reboots from the time I installed it. I check the exception browser in dev tools and it is empty every time. It will run the setcpu stress test indefinatly without error. Awesome work. Ill send beer when I can, you deserve it.

Note: It is required to wipe before installing if you have anything other than ESE81 currently. I also removed Home and Launcher from /system/app and placed Helix there
    Last edited by rooted_default; 04-09-2010 at 08:46 AM. Reason: additional info
    I'd root that!
    Droid RAZR M Retail/rooted
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rooted_default View Post
    Chevy,

I gotta give you mad props for this. If this is the first from scratch ROM then you have really nailed it. I've had a few fc and broken apps with SS prior to this release but nothing major. 3.0 is now running with your medium voltage 1.1GHz kernal and zero errors, fc, or reboots from the time I installed it. I check the exception browser in dev tools and it is empty every time. It will run the setcpu stress test indefinatly without error. Awesome work. Ill send beer when I can, you deserve it.

Note: It is required to wipe before installing if you have anything other than ESE81 currently. I also removed Home and Launcher from /system/app and placed Helix there
    Thanks man. I have to say though that Cyanogen/Koush built it first ... and sniffle over @alldroid put together a great guide that helped as well. So I suppose I might be the second person/group to actually do it and publish the ROM

Glad to hear it is working so well for you! Release 3.1 should be out today, adds a bunch of useful scripts, Helix, etc. I will also put together a small update.zip for current 3.0 users
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Chevy, i'm having way more FC's than 2.2. the app.uploader FC's all the time. (uploading images to picasa). and i lost my 5 screens. things just seem to hang. i'm really tempted to go back to 2.2...... any thoughts
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by withersdavid View Post
    Chevy, i'm having way more FC's than 2.2. the app.uploader FC's all the time. (uploading images to picasa). and i lost my 5 screens. things just seem to hang. i'm really tempted to go back to 2.2...... any thoughts
    I am assuming you did a full wipe to install this, and you're still having issues? Odd - can you run adb shell logcat from DOS, capture the data when it starts having issues - then send it to me?
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Are spare parts and dev tools going to be included in this release as well? I didn't think I would use them but now find them to be some of the more useful apps on the phone.
    Rooted GNex
    Rooted OG Transformer
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by cj1896 View Post
    Are spare parts and dev tools going to be included in this release as well? I didn't think I would use them but now find them to be some of the more useful apps on the phone.
    Sorry I meant the upcoming 3.1 release
    Rooted GNex
    Rooted OG Transformer
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Sorry I meant the upcoming 3.1 release
    Yep, I will always include them as I find them useful as well - 3.1 however will had scripts added to either rename/remove

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35

Links