What's New - This IS a 2.1 ROM
1. Includes 2.0.1 7-screen Helix Launcher (credit to arctu, slight re-theme credit to ChevyNo1; defaulted to 5 screens)
2. Includes 2.1 7-screen Helix Launcher2 (credit to arctu, slight re-theme credit to ChevyNo1; defaulted to 5 screens)
3. Certain apps (Google/Facebook/Pandora) removed - can be downloaded from the market, also as themed versions below
4. All busybox commands properly linked
5. Kernels now includes TUN
6. Modified framework to work with PulldownEditor
7. Nexus LWP will be less intensive on the CPU, which means less heat (cuts cpu usage almost in half; credit to ReverendYo/ChevyNo1)
8. Including options for different colors on Nexus LWP
9. Starfield wallpaper is also gone, as it was previously in /system
10. Now including a /data partition in the nandroid. This allows for once-and-for-all cleanup of any nagging Maps issues, as well as to include a couple of apps
11. Apps now included are the Wifi-Tether app pre8, and ConnectBot (this is your terminal access to your Droid).
To Wipe Or Not To Wipe
If you are coming from 2.0.1, you MUST data wipe - if you do not, you WILL have problems. If you are coming from any of my 2.1 ROMS (2.x versions) you should be OK without wiping. However, a few notes about this version (2.2):
1. Facebook/Maps/Pandora is now removed from /system. This means if you are running a previous version of my ROM and any/all of these are still in /system, you will have files stranded in /data when you flash this ROM. This only seems to be a problem with Maps; the other two seem to still be able to be installed from the market. There is a process documented to resolve the maps issue. Right at the top of this page. Maps will now prompt you to login, and you should get an alert in your notification bar. If your browser cannot lock into your location, go into Settings -> Location -> Use Wireless Networks - the browser relies on cell towers and not GPS.
2. If you do choose to NOT wipe, simply de-select the data partition when entering the Advanced Restore menu in SPRecovery. This does mean you will not get the Helix Launchers, but they can be installed from the market.
3. If the kernel is a problem, you will get stuck on the 'M' while booting up. In this case, flash a lower kernel AFTER the ROM.
This build comes with the 1.0Ghz low voltage kernel; you can change that if you wish with the kernels I've also listed. If you do NOT want to lose the current kernel you are running, simply de-select the boot partition in the Advanced Nandroid Restore menu.
Simply Stunning v2.2 Nandroid
Stock Theme Patcher (update.zip) - Will revert to 3-screen Launcher as well
Additional Kernels (update.zip format):
All My Other Kernels
Nexus Live Wallpaper Color Options (update.zip format):
Nandroid Installation Instructions:
-It is strongly suggested to nandroid-backup your current ROM before doing anything!
-Extract the files from the archive using WinRAR or a similar program
-Place the extracted folder (the ROM) into the "nandroid" folder on your sdcard
-Reboot into recovery mode
-Advanced Nandroid Restore
-Choose backup (select the ROM)
If you de-select the data /partition in Advanced Nandroid Restore, your data is safe and will not be touched!
What's Inside the Box:
-Overclocked Kernel with five slots allows clocking of 125-1000 MHz in mixed steps (credit to ChevyNo1)
- Check the 'other kernels' link if you want a different speed, or a 10-slot kernel
- Supports TempMonitor
- The base 1.0G kernel has NO voltage increase over stock
- Helix2 3D launcher is rock solid for me
- These kernels ALSO include the STOCK 550Mhz slot, and the kernels DEFAULT to that speed, until you use an app like SetCPU.
-2.0.1 7-screen Helix Launcher (credit to arctu, slight re-theme credit to ChevyNo1; defaulted to 5 screens)
-2.1 7-screen Helix Launcher2 (credit to arctu, slight re-theme credit to ChevyNo1; defaulted to 5 screens)
- Corporate Calendar
-2.1 Desk Clock
-2.1 Keyboard with voice input
-2.1 Gallery 3D, MultiTouch
-2.1 Music App
-2.1 Glassed News and Weather App (credit to ChevyNo1)
-2.1 Optimized Live Wallpapers (less CPU usage = less heat)
-2.0.1 5-screen Launcher (credit to xeudoxus)
-HQ YouTube Default Tweak (credit to xeudoxus)
-HQ Video Recording Tweak (credit to Fede)
-Version Information In Settings > About Phone
-Disabled OTA Updates
-Disabled default ring delay of 3 seconds (credit to ChevyNo1)
-*Battery Saver* Wifi Scans Increased to 30 seconds (credit to ChevyNo1)
-Version Information In Settings > About Phone
-Completely Deodexed System (meaning easily customizable)
-Added commands sysrw/sysro for mounting /system read/write or readonly. Also note that sysro remounts read only AND performs the sync for you
-Added new Linux commands that I sorely missed:
Cleaned/linked the following commands which unnecessarily eat up 10MB of /system:
-Camera Shutter Sound
-Video Recording Sound (credit to ChevyNo1)
-Smoked Glass Blue (credit to AdamZ modified by ChevyNo1)
-Added custom status bar icons (credit to blake2050@droidforums)
-Added extra custom status bar icons (credit to mjones1052@droidforums)
-Progress bars changed to match blue theme (credit to ChevyNo1)
-Clear push-icons on desktop (credit to ReverendYo - skinned from Alldroid community ROM)
-White Clock (credit to Ohsaka)
SetCPU - not included as it is a paid Market app
Glassed Facebook (credit to ChevyNo1) - update.zip - may cause future update issues
Glassed Pandora (credit to ChevyNo1) - update.zip - may cause future update issues
-Sometimes the auto-brightness does not work if your phone has just rebooted. Simply pressing the power button twice will fix it.
-In the pulldown, the music information is still black, making it hard to read - working on this
This is an overclock ROM, therefore if you're not careful, you'll do damage. I am not responsible for any such damage, you use this of your own free will.
Enjoy, and feedback is always welcome - bugs included