DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [UPDATE] New Kernels - Low Voltage + Medium Voltage - 3/25/2010

Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidxRage View Post
    ^^

Reboot holding X until recovery screen
    Install
    Allow update.zip
    Install update.zip

this will work with ANY update.zip file
    Thank-you.
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    One more question. Now that I have this new kernel up and running, what do I do if I want to install another update.zip file like Pandora glass. Do I have to delete the old update file or just put the new files in the old update.zip file?
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cfi on the fly View Post
    One more question. Now that I have this new kernel up and running, what do I do if I want to install another update.zip file like Pandora glass. Do I have to delete the old update file or just put the new files in the old update.zip file?
    Delete the old one, and copy the new update.zip onto SD
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    hows about if i already have one of your kernels already installed? i have your regular 1.2g on my phone (and love it, super stable) however, wanna try these lowV to see if battery improves.

if i do the update.zip method, will it just automatically delete your old kernel?

great work, btw
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cinematicmatt View Post
    hows about if i already have one of your kernels already installed? i have your regular 1.2g on my phone (and love it, super stable) however, wanna try these lowV to see if battery improves.

if i do the update.zip method, will it just automatically delete your old kernel?

great work, btw
    Yes, it will remove the old one - if you still have the update.zip for it, you are fine as you can just install that again later. If not ... you can grab the boot.img from a current nandroid backup. You'll want to adb pull /system/lib/modules/tiwlan_drv.ko tiwlan_drv.ko to backup the WIFI driver.

Thanks!
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Chevy, I should have asked before trying...I used this on the Cyano 5.0.5.3 install and it broke severly. FC'd everything after boot, had to battery pull and re-install the ROM after complete wipe. This was with the 1.2 LV kernel
    Droid Razr Maxx - rooted 214
    OG Droid - Desk Clock now
    Developer of Coordinate Converter application
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rotordroid View Post
    Chevy, I should have asked before trying...I used this on the Cyano 5.0.5.3 install and it broke severly. FC'd everything after boot, had to battery pull and re-install the ROM after complete wipe. This was with the 1.2 LV kernel
    Yes, these kernels will not work on Cyano without modifications to the ramdisk ...

8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Chevy, once again, amazingly beautiful. The first time I ever tried one of your SS's (I think it was maybe 1.6? Not entirely sure) I couldn't get 1250 to run so I stuck with 1200... Now, with the low voltage 1250 I'm up and running smooth as freakin' butter.

My only question is, regarding low/medium voltage, is the only difference that if you can't run the low, the medium would possibly work?

Regardless, as always, incredible work!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    5.0.6.2 Mod-Bekit 1.2LV-Smoked
    Higher clock speeds typically would require more voltage, which draws more power (less battery life) and produces more heat. The idea is to be able to run the optimal clock speed at the lowest voltage that can drive that speed. If there is enough voltage, you would feel no ill effects. If the speed you choose doesn't run at the voltage you choose, the theory is that running more voltage may allow you to run at that speed, because you're giving it more juice.

That being said, all hardware is different, depends on the device what each can handle.
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seanterisu View Post
    Chevy, once again, amazingly beautiful. The first time I ever tried one of your SS's (I think it was maybe 1.6? Not entirely sure) I couldn't get 1250 to run so I stuck with 1200... Now, with the low voltage 1250 I'm up and running smooth as freakin' butter.

My only question is, regarding low/medium voltage, is the only difference that if you can't run the low, the medium would possibly work?

Regardless, as always, incredible work!
    You got it exactly - I'm going to guess that 90% will be able to run the low-V - the other 10% will get stuck on the 'M'. They likely will be able to resolve by running the medium-V kernels

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Links