DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: [UPDATE] New Kernels - Low Voltage + Medium Voltage - 3/25/2010

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid CM7 + deprimed
    @jonbar87
    If you want to run at higher overclock frequencies and those temps are indeed degrees C, you really need to remove your Droid from any protective cases to prevent heat buildup. I never go over 38-40C at 1.2 w/ ChevyKern
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiK View Post
    @jonbar87
    If you want to run at higher overclock frequencies and those temps are indeed degrees C, you really need to remove your Droid from any protective cases to prevent heat buildup. I never go over 38-40C at 1.2 w/ ChevyKern
    those temps were F, but I did have my bodyglove case on the back. I noticed that after I removed it, the temps dropped reasonably.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    I really don't see how your phone was overheating then. Those temps are low. My battery and CPU temps are usually a pretty close. The lowest I've ever seen my CPU temp was around 57F and that was in a freezing bowling alley with my phone at idle. I've had my phone up around 126F when charging and navigating and I've never had my phone power off like that.
    Last edited by JayCizzo; 04-09-2010 at 12:42 PM.
    Jason

"My experience has taught me that a man who has no vices has damned few virtues." -Abraham Lincoln-
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    hmmm. Interesting. I did have it in the windshield of my black car (mind you it's a black phone as well) for over an hour, so like i said, I don't exactly know how hot it actually got. After it had rebooted and finally became stable enough for me to view the temp it was like 110, so I don't know how hot it was at it's peak.
    Last edited by jonbar87; 04-09-2010 at 12:53 PM.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbar87 View Post
    hmmm. Interesting. I did have it in the windshield of my black car (mind you it's a black phone as well) for over an hour, so like i said, I don't exactly know how hot it actually got. After it had rebooted and finally became stable enough for me to view the temp it was like 110, so I don't know how hot it was at it's peak.
    Well that makes sense. I'm guessing that has alot to do with my temps in the car dock while navigating as well. It's going to make using the car dock impossible in these hot Florida summers. The thing that really sucks is I wasn't even overclocked when I was seeing those high temps. Not sure if there's a solution.
    Jason

"My experience has taught me that a man who has no vices has damned few virtues." -Abraham Lincoln-
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCizzo View Post
    Well that makes sense. I'm guessing that has alot to do with my temps in the car dock while navigating as well. It's going to make using the car dock impossible in these hot Florida summers. The thing that really sucks is I wasn't even overclocked when I was seeing those high temps. Not sure if there's a solution.
    I see. Yeah same here. I'm in Arkansas and it gets blistering hot here in the summer. I just may have to down clock it if I plan on using maps in the car and then once I get back in A/C upclock it again.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid CM7 + deprimed

I see. Yeah same here. I'm in Arkansas and it gets blistering hot here in the summer. I just may have to down clock it if I plan on using maps in the car and then once I get back in A/C upclock it again.
    Set an over-temp profile in SetCPU, say scale down to 1Ghz when over 45C. Something like this should keep you safe.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiK View Post

Set an over-temp profile in SetCPU, say scale down to 1Ghz when over 45C. Something like this should keep you safe.
    Good idea. Saw that option available awhile back but never even thought to implement it.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Chevy, do your kernels support usb tethering?
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    why not just use wifi tether?
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Links