DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 253

Thread: [UPDATE] New Kernels - Low Voltage + Medium Voltage - 3/25/2010

  1. Master Droid
    mrdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    16186
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    511
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    #91
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post

    Hmmm OK I will go back and take a look might have missed it this time!
    Egh.... I tried Jakes kernal and I'm having the same issue. So I'm guessing it's not your kernal. Sorry for throwing up the false red flag...
    OK, let me know if you get it working - from my side it appears as if it should be
    Yep yep... my fault completely. I somehow didn't have busybox installed... which is required by VPN Connections. Still an excellent kernal
    -Matt
  2. Senior Droid
    AquaDan88's Avatar
    Member #
    13977
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ma, USA
    Posts
    164
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #92
    Here's a possible n00b question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. What is a normal running temp for an overclocked phone. What's a max safe temp? I want to monitor my temps with the new LV kernels, but I'm not exactly sure what should alarm me.

    Thanks!
    AquaDan88
    DROID User
    Pete's GPA14 ROM
    Chevy's LV .8gHz Kernel



  3. Master Droid
    mrdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    16186
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    511
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    #93
    my temps are 27-30 degree on idle and 45-50 degree max with MV 1.1g
    -Matt
  4. ???
    ??? is offline
    Master Droid
    ???'s Avatar
    Member #
    45527
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    467
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    droid
    #94
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaDan88 View Post
    Here's a possible n00b question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. What is a normal running temp for an overclocked phone. What's a max safe temp? I want to monitor my temps with the new LV kernels, but I'm not exactly sure what should alarm me.

    Thanks!


    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bla...id-roms-2.html
  5. ???
    ??? is offline
    Master Droid
    ???'s Avatar
    Member #
    45527
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    467
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    droid
    #95
    from what I can find, the temp in setcpu is the battery temp, not the cpu temp. I have no idea why, since if I trash a battery I can buy another one for 4$ on ebay.. a battery not so much
  6. Droid Newbie
    bossgto65's Avatar
    Member #
    51946
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    DrioD
    #96
    Thanks Chevy that 1.2 7 slot low voltage really makes my Driod run great!
  7. Senior Droid
    neemo6's Avatar
    Member #
    22028
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Bend, In
    Posts
    124
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #97
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neemo6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    This particular kernel was produced before I put them in update.zip format - this is nandroid, so extract to your nandroid folder and restore that way. Let me know if you get it installed
    Do i just unzip to nandroid folder or bds folder of which I would be restoring from? Thanks for all your help.
    You bet! Extract to the /sdcard/nandroid folder, end results should be folder /sdcard/nandroid/kerneldir, in there you should see boot.img and nandroid.md5. Then when restoring, choose kerneldir (assuming that's the name it's saved to, change as necessary).
    Thank you!! This works great, my phone is tremendously cooler now. I used to hate browsing the web, playing games, and using gps due to the phone getting rediculously hot now it just gets lukewarm if that. Awesome work!!
  8. Droid
    jonbar87's Avatar
    Member #
    15298
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Stationed in Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    70
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #98
    So I've been running the LV, 5 slot, 1GHZ kernel for awhile (well since it was released anyway) and decided to go with the LV 1.25ghz. Everything worked fine until I put a major load on the processor (google maps) for about 20 minutes. It eventually got so hot (I caught it at 110*, but it may have been hotter) that it started to continually reboot. Just to verify that heat was the issue, I held it in front of the A/C in my car while running Google Maps. As soon as the temps started dropping, it quit rebooting. I got it cooled all the way down to 53* @ 1.25ghz. What I found interesting is I clocked it down to 250Mhz just for curiosity sake, and my temps dropped down to 46*. As soon as I upclocked it back to 1.25Ghz, my temps rose to 53 again. With this being said, i think heat is definitely the issue here. Now I understand that the temps I'm referring to are battery temps and not actual processor temps (I would assume the processor is actually much hotter) but it at least helped verify that heat is the issue. I also noticed that with the 1.25ghz kernel, my service was very poor and I could hardly use the internet. Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe it was just coincidence/bad tower that I was pulling of off, but as soon as I restored it back to the 1.00ghz kernel, my service improved.

    Anyway, those are my findings on the matter, not complaining at all chevy, I love your work, just letting you know my experiences. Thanks again for what you do, much appreciated!
  9. Master Droid
    JayCizzo's Avatar
    Member #
    40186
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    343
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    #99
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbar87 View Post
    So I've been running the LV, 5 slot, 1GHZ kernel for awhile (well since it was released anyway) and decided to go with the LV 1.25ghz. Everything worked fine until I put a major load on the processor (google maps) for about 20 minutes. It eventually got so hot (I caught it at 110*, but it may have been hotter) that it started to continually reboot. Just to verify that heat was the issue, I held it in front of the A/C in my car while running Google Maps. As soon as the temps started dropping, it quit rebooting. I got it cooled all the way down to 53* @ 1.25ghz. What I found interesting is I clocked it down to 250Mhz just for curiosity sake, and my temps dropped down to 46*. As soon as I upclocked it back to 1.25Ghz, my temps rose to 53 again. With this being said, i think heat is definitely the issue here. Now I understand that the temps I'm referring to are battery temps and not actual processor temps (I would assume the processor is actually much hotter) but it at least helped verify that heat is the issue. I also noticed that with the 1.25ghz kernel, my service was very poor and I could hardly use the internet. Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe it was just coincidence/bad tower that I was pulling of off, but as soon as I restored it back to the 1.00ghz kernel, my service improved.

    Anyway, those are my findings on the matter, not complaining at all chevy, I love your work, just letting you know my experiences. Thanks again for what you do, much appreciated!
    Are we talking C or F here? If C, I'm surprised your phone didn't burst into flames. If F, those temps are ridiculously cool.
    Jason

    "My experience has taught me that a man who has no vices has damned few virtues." -Abraham Lincoln-
  10. Droid
    jonbar87's Avatar
    Member #
    15298
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Stationed in Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    70
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCizzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbar87 View Post
    So I've been running the LV, 5 slot, 1GHZ kernel for awhile (well since it was released anyway) and decided to go with the LV 1.25ghz. Everything worked fine until I put a major load on the processor (google maps) for about 20 minutes. It eventually got so hot (I caught it at 110*, but it may have been hotter) that it started to continually reboot. Just to verify that heat was the issue, I held it in front of the A/C in my car while running Google Maps. As soon as the temps started dropping, it quit rebooting. I got it cooled all the way down to 53* @ 1.25ghz. What I found interesting is I clocked it down to 250Mhz just for curiosity sake, and my temps dropped down to 46*. As soon as I upclocked it back to 1.25Ghz, my temps rose to 53 again. With this being said, i think heat is definitely the issue here. Now I understand that the temps I'm referring to are battery temps and not actual processor temps (I would assume the processor is actually much hotter) but it at least helped verify that heat is the issue. I also noticed that with the 1.25ghz kernel, my service was very poor and I could hardly use the internet. Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe it was just coincidence/bad tower that I was pulling of off, but as soon as I restored it back to the 1.00ghz kernel, my service improved.

    Anyway, those are my findings on the matter, not complaining at all chevy, I love your work, just letting you know my experiences. Thanks again for what you do, much appreciated!
    Are we talking C or F here? If C, I'm surprised your phone didn't burst into flames. If F, those temps are ridiculously cool.
    I was referring to F temps. Like I said, those are battery temps, not processor temps, so who knows how hot the processor actually was
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. output voltage/current of verizon moto droid charger?
    By Big Ry in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 07:38 AM
  2. HTC Passion / HTC Bravo Update - January 2010 Release
    By danDroid in forum Android News
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 07:37 PM
  3. short, medium & long vibration?
    By rdalemercer in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 03:57 PM

Search tags for this page

chevy low voltage kernel

,
chevyno1 kernels
,
chevyno1 kernels medium voltage
,

chevyno1 low voltage

,
chevyno1 low voltage 7 slot
,

chevyno1 low voltage kernel

,
chevyno1 voltage
,

chevyno1's 1100mhz low volt kernel

,
low voltage kernal incredible
,
low voltage kernel chevy
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+