What's New - This IS a 2.1 ROM
1. Google Maps fixed (only an issue if you did not wipe when flashing this ROM; Maps itself is not included)
2. busybox fixed!
3. Kernels now includes TUN
4. Modified framework to work with PulldownEditor
5. Nexus LWP will be less intensive on the CPU (cuts cpu usage almost in half; credit to ReverendYo)
6. Including options for different colors on Nexus LWP
7. Including a patcher for an auto-rotate launcher (not LWP interactive)
8. Including glassed Facebook which was missed last time
9. Updated stock theme patcher to include news/music
10. Putting AlarmClock back in for the dock folks who were getting FC's
WIFI-Tether is enabled, but the app itself is not included; links towards bottom of post.
If you are coming from 2.0.1, you MUST data wipe - if you do not, you WILL have problems. This is also a good idea if you are coming from one of my 1.0.x versions of SimplyStunning - those were not ERE/ESE builds.
If you are running any of my previous ERE/ESE builds (2.0.x), you can just restore this right over top of what you have and do NOT need to wipe.
NOTE: If you are wiping, and after rebooting it sits on the red eye for a while - be patient, as it is rebuilding the entire dalvik-cache from scratch (because this ROM is de-odexed). This means a slow first boot up, maybe 2-3 minutes. If the kernel is a problem, you will get stuck on the 'M'. In this case, flash a lower kernel AFTER the ROM.
This build comes with the 1.2Ghz kernel; you can change that if you wish with the kernels I've also listed.
Simply Stunning v2.0.3 Nandroid
Simply Stunning v2.0.3 Update.zip (existing v2.0.x users)
Stock Theme Patcher (update.zip) - Will revert to 3-screen Launcher as well
Try out JIT
Kernels (update.zip format):
5-slot 1.0Ghz Kernel
5-slot 1.1Ghz Kernel
5-slot 1.2Ghz Kernel
5-slot 1.25Ghz Kernel
Nexus Live Wallpaper Color Options (update.zip format):
Nandroid Installation Instructions:
-NO data wiping required if using 2.1 now - your settings and apps stay intact, just like update.zip
-It is strongly suggested to nandroid-backup your current ROM before doing anything!
-Extract the files from the archive using WinRAR or a similar program
-Place the extracted folder (the ROM) into the "nandroid" folder on your sdcard
-Reboot into recovery mode
-Advanced Nandroid Restore
-Choose backup (select the ROM)
Do not worry that it shows 'data' as automatically being selected. It doesn't matter, as no data partition is in this nandroid backup.
Your data is safe and will not be touched!
Update.zip Installation Instructions:
- Rename whatever file you are installing to update.zip. Place on root of sdcard.
- Boot into sprecovery.
- 'Allow update.zip'
What's Inside the Box:
-Overclocked Kernel with five slots allows clocking of 125-1200 MHz in mixed steps (credit to ChevyNo1)
- Check the 'other kernels' link if you want a different speed, or a 10-slot kernel
- Supports TempMonitor
- I have spent many hours tweaking this kernel to run at the lowest possible voltage (no significant increase until 1100Mhz)
- With the 2.0.1 launcher, my testing + real world use has been rock solid, no reboots, no FC's, even @ 1.25Ghz
- This is a new kernel from previous releases that should run cooler, therefore more stable. This ALSO includes the STOCK
- 550Mhz slot, and the kernel DEFAULTS to that speed, until you use an app like SetCPU.
-2.1 Desk Clock
-2.1 Keyboard with voice input
-2.1 Gallery 3D, MultiTouch
-2.1 Music App
-2.1 Glassed News and Weather App (credit to ChevyNo1)
-2.1 Live Wallpapers
-2.0.1 5-screen Launcher (credit to xeudoxus)
-HQ YouTube Default Tweak (credit to xeudoxus)
-HQ Video Recording Tweak (credit to Fede)
-Version Information In Settings > About Phone
-Disabled OTA Updates
-Disabled default ring delay of 3 seconds (credit to ChevyNo1)
-*Battery Saver* Wifi Scans Increased to 30 seconds (credit to ChevyNo1)
-Version Information In Settings > About Phone
-Completely Deodexed System (meaning easily customizable)
-Added commands sysrw/sysro for mounting /system read/write or readonly. Also note that sysro remounts read only AND performs the sync for you
-Added new Linux commands that I sorely missed:
Cleaned/linked the following commands which unnecessarily eat up 10MB of /system:
-Camera Shutter Sound
-Video Recording Sound (credit to ChevyNo1)
-Smoked Glass Blue (credit to AdamZ modified by ChevyNo1)
-Added custom status bar icons (credit to blake2050@droidforums)
-Added extra custom status bar icons (credit to mjones1052@droidforums)
-Progress bars changed to match blue theme (credit to ChevyNo1)
-Clear push-icons on desktop (credit to ReverendYo - skinned from Alldroid community ROM)
-White Clock (credit to Ohsaka)
SetCPU - not included as it is a paid Market app
-Sometimes the auto-brightness does not work if your phone has just rebooted. Simply pressing the power button twice will fix it.
-In the pulldown, the music information is still black, making it hard to read - working on this
-Fresh installs (ie after wiping) will show the browser icon sitting on top of contacts - simply move it
This is an overclock ROM, therefore if you're not careful, you'll do damage. I am not responsible for any such damage, you use this of your own free will.
Enjoy, and feedback is always welcome - bugs included