DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feature Requests for SS 2.0.2

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Feature Requests for SS 2.0.2

ChevyNo1, thank you very much for a very good ROM.

There are a couple of things that you could add to make this the best ROM available:

1. Bash shell with colorized directory colors and auto completion.

2. The tun.ko tunnel module (required for openvpn and other VPN software)

3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Hey hughesjr, thanks for the suggestions. I am quite sure I saw another post here on DF that stated tun.ko was present and working, but there was one other thing that needed to be set ... have you tried a search on tun.ko to see what turns up?

Also on the bash shell ... I agree it was cool in terminal emulator on the phone, but I do most of my work via adb shell ... and the bash shell just f'd it up from the DOS prompt big time ... not sure if others feel the same way or not.
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    Hey hughesjr, thanks for the suggestions. I am quite sure I saw another post here on DF that stated tun.ko was present and working, but there was one other thing that needed to be set ... have you tried a search on tun.ko to see what turns up?

Also on the bash shell ... I agree it was cool in terminal emulator on the phone, but I do most of my work via adb shell ... and the bash shell just f'd it up from the DOS prompt big time ... not sure if others feel the same way or not.
    DOS ... there's your problem

I use Linux only as my workstation

I did look for tun.ko in /system/lib/modules ... I did not see it. The kernel version number is probably OK to use the tun.ko that is out there as an addon though.
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hughesjr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post

DOS ... there's your problem

I use Linux only as my workstation

I did look for tun.ko in /system/lib/modules ... I did not see it. The kernel version number is probably OK to use the tun.ko that is out there as an addon though.
    LOL, true, true But since I use this same computer for everything, I run ubuntu in a virtual machine ... Windows is the host.

Not to mention, I suspect 90% of the users out there do NOT go through Linux, therefore wouldn't see a need for the bash shell.

If I get to the point of doing a tgz I might bring that in.

As far as tun.ko ... it is compiled directly into the kernel, it is not a loadable module ...
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Chevy, besides tun.ko, did you happen to compile cifs.ko also? I'm looking for a kernel with both of these, and I'm surprised I haven't found one.
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by neonerz View Post
    Chevy, besides tun.ko, did you happen to compile cifs.ko also? I'm looking for a kernel with both of these, and I'm surprised I haven't found one.
    Try this - rename to .ko
    Attached Files

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I assume this is compiled just for your kernel? I'm currently running SG5 and I couldn't load it.

I'll do a back up, install 2.0.2, reload and try it out.
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by neonerz View Post
    I assume this is compiled just for your kernel? I'm currently running SG5 and I couldn't load it.

I'll do a back up, install 2.0.2, reload and try it out.
    You are correct - let me know if it works for you

10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hughesjr View Post
    ChevyNo1, thank you very much for a very good ROM.

There are a couple of things that you could add to make this the best ROM available:

1. Bash shell with colorized directory colors and auto completion.

2. The tun.ko tunnel module (required for openvpn and other VPN software)
    Some have stated they'd like to have the module (ko) and not compiled into the kernel, here's tun.ko
    Attached Files

11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    works perfectly, well except the fact that I have to load it on every boot, and remount.

Is there any way I could run like a init.d script on startup or something like that?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links